This recipe for Chickpea Salad with roasted broccoli is an easy one bowl dinner or lunch. Roasted broccoli, lemon zest and chickpeas combined in a vibrant flavorful salad. A perfect make ahead dish which works great for meal prep. Serve it for a quick lunch or light dinner. Gluten Free, Easy, Vegan, Healthy.
Okay Guys so if you feel like your holiday centered around lots of yummy food like ours did...
Then you're probably about due for a few healthy salads to add to the table.
And even though I really enjoy all the celebrations centered around food and family.... I was still soo ready to move on from creamy dips to fresh vibrant salads.
BROCCOLI CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
And this salad is not only loaded with a healthy dose of veggies...
But it also consists of a light lemony dressing that pairs perfectly with broccoli & chickpeas.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
- Fresh Broccoli
- Lemon Juice & Zest
- Olive Oil
- Black Olives
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
(Full directions in Recipe Card below)
Start by preheating the oven and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then bring a pot of salted water to a boil...
Add the trimmed broccoli florets and parboil for several minutes, drain and spread out on baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and stir to coat before placing in the oven.
Meanwhile prep the remaining ingredients while broccoli is roasting.
Once roasted remove from oven and allow to cool 6-8 minutes before tossing with remaining ingredients.
CAN I USE FROZEN BROCCOLI FLORETS IN THIS RECIPE
Yes.. If you're unable to find fresh broccoli you could certainly use the frozen florets for this recipe.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE IT
It will keep in the fridge in a covered container about 4-5 days.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SALAD
Personally I like to eat it alone as a main course for lunch or dinner.
But it also pairs perfectly with most things such as potato salad, bread or topped over a bed of greens.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY....
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add trimmed broccoli florets to boiling water and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain. Then place on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Give a quick toss.
- Place in preheated oven and cook about 15 minutes.
- During the last 3-5 minutes of cooking remove from oven, toss in garlic, stir and place back in oven.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile in large mixing bowl add rinsed drained chickpeas, black olives, lemon zest and roasted broccoli, & cilantro.
- Pour lemon juice, olive oil over salad and stir.
- Sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes and taste for salt & pepper.
- Can serve immediately or store in fridge for up to five days covered.
Updated- originally posted August 2017