Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad is an EASY salad or side and is also great for lunch. Zesty lemony flavors paired along side roasted broccoli and crunchy chickpeas making this the perfect salad anytime(Vegan & Gluten Free).
Hey and HAPPY Monday to you!
Because Monday and Happy can REALLY be part of the same sentence.
Especially when it starts off with this yummy and EASY to prepare Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad!
Did you guys have an awesome weekend? Maybe you’re preparing for back to school or just ever so Happy that you don’t have to do that.
Well I guess I was a little bit nerdy or even geeky but I kind of liked school…and to be honest was just a tad bit sad when I graduated.
Not by the fact that I graduated, but that my life was now moving in a direction of the unknown…is that a little bit weird or what?
And I was really not sure if I was ready for Adulting..haha!
Cause sometimes it can be hard and what appeared to be challenging back in the school days you now find yourself sometimes longing for.
But anyway you’re here for salad today so let’s get back to that!
And I can tell you this Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad will having you CHEERING for adulthood.
Besides the fact that now you can have cookies for breakfast if you want! And even stay up until dawn which I definitely have no desire to do anymore.
So I guess there is always a positive side to almost anything…including adulting!
But being able to make choices as we get older and wiser it’s always good to include some tasty healthier options in the mix.
And since broccoli & chickpeas happen to be two of my favorites, I decided to marry them together in all this lemony, garlicky flavors. YUM!
So let’s talk about all the GREAT reasons you’ll wanna make this Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad!
- Well first & foremost flavor
- Roasted broccoli and garlic are just amazing together
- Chickpeas are pretty much a super-food and a great source of vegetarian protein
- Not to mention the amazing benefits of lemon and broccoli
- EASY to prepare making it a great option anytime
- Vegan & Gluten Free
Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tbsp.
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 boxes chickpeas drained approximately 26 ounces*
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 lemon juice and zest from lemon
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- red chili pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add trimmed broccoli florets to boiling water and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain. Then place on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Give a quick toss.
- Place in preheated oven and cook about 15 minutes.
- During the last 3-5 minutes of cooking remove from oven, toss in garlic, stir and place back in oven.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile in large mixing bowl add rinsed drained chickpeas, black olives, lemon zest and roasted broccoli, & cilantro.
- Pour lemon juice, olive oil over salad and stir.
- Sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes and taste for salt & pepper.
- Can serve immediately or store in fridge for up to five days covered.
the salad is actually better after several hours marinating so it is definitely a good make ahead salad.