These Almond Flour Tortillas are super soft pliable wraps great for tacos, burritos, sandwich wraps and so much more. (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
And let me just start by saying these tortillas have been in the recipe testing mode for quite some time now. 😆 But since tortillas can be a little bit tricky to prepare, it took a while to get a recipe that I was happy 🙂 to be sharing!
Especially since they needed to be gluten free, soft and hold all my favorite goodies without falling apart. Cause that’s important….since it’s really a drag when you lose all your favorite goodies to the plate.
Plus tortillas are pretty much a regular staple around my house, along with gluten free buns. And these boys tend to get a little pricey even if you’re lucky to find ones that you like!
So experimenting with the various flour combinations & ratio of wet to dry ingredients took flipping many a tortillas 😆
But once I got the okay from my recipe taster…aka…hubby that these were a winner I wanted to share them with you guys!
Cause who doesn’t love a good burrito or taco! And half of the battle for me was finding a decent wrapper when going gluten free.
And these are so much fresher tasting then the store bought varieties…I’ve even enjoyed just snacking on these babies plain.
So let me give you a few reasons you may want to consider making these tortillas!
These Almond Flour Tortillas are…..
- Super soft & flavorful
- Great to snack on plain
- Perfect filled with all your favorite goodies
- Way more economical than the store bought varieties
- Low Carb & Gluten Free
- Taste so much fresher
- Good for a quick healthy lunch option
Almond Flour Tortillas recipe making tips….
- Patience, patience, patience 😆
- You want to make sure the pan is preheated before starting to cook them
- Always use a good non-stick pan
- If pan is sticking, use a small amount of coconut oil between cooking each tortilla
- The batter needs to be really thin
- If not you’re going end up with something more like pancakes
- Make sure they are completely done on one side before attempting to flip them
You’re now good to go! Happy Tortilla making friends! 😉
Tools to make these Soft Almond Flour Tortillas:
- Green Earth Frying Pan– this is my favorite pan I use when making these tortillas and they turn out perfect every time.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Soft Almond Flour Tortillas (Gluten Free)
- Preheat 8 inch non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine almond flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, baking powder, & salt in large mixing bowl and combine well.
- In separate small bowl add beaten eggs and milk or liquid of choice.
- Mix liquid into flour mixture using a hand mixer until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup pour mixture into heated pan and swirl around. You may have to add another couple tbsp. along with the 1/4 cup depending on if it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on one side and flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on opposite side.
- Place on waxed paper lined plate and continue to cook remaining tortillas.
- Can be served immediately or allow to cool and store in a large zip-lock bag in the fridge for up to a week.