These Almond Flour Biscuits are an easy one bowl recipe that comes together in only twenty minutes. Low carb biscuits that require no rolling, kneading or cutting out. These no fail drop biscuits are perfect for a dinner side or make a delicious breakfast or snack.
Keto almond flour biscuits that require only five ingredients, ready in under 20 minutes, and no special equipment necessary to make them.
We love to serve these low carb biscuits with chili, soups or even as a breakfast sandwich.
Almond flour is one of my favorite flours to use in gluten free baking so I created these soft pliable almond flour tortillas. They're perfect for sandwiches, burritos, tacos and more.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Super easy to make with no special equipment
- They come together in under 20 minutes
- Great as a side with dinner, a breakfast sandwich or snack
- Keto friendly, low-carb, & gluten-free
- Almond flour- super fine blanched almond flour
- Cream cheese- full fat cream cheese
- Eggs- large organic eggs
- Butter- unsalted butter
- Baking powder & salt- fresh baking powder and sea salt to balance out flavor.
How to make almond flour biscuits
Step by step instructions
Full directions can be found in the recipe card below
- Whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl beat the eggs.
- Mix room temperature cream cheese with melted butter and whisk together.
- Add beaten eggs, then butter and cream cheese mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Blend everything together until thoroughly incorporated.
- Scoop biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a cookie scoop and bake in preheated oven.
For best results be sure to cool the biscuits before storing. I recommend storing the biscuits in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For longer storage you can freeze them in freezer safe containers up to 3 months.
Yes! I've tested the recipe using dairy free substitutes. Simply swap out the butter and cream cheese with non-dairy substitutes.
No! I don't recommend any substitutes for the flour. Make sure you are using blanched super fine almond flour for this recipe.
I personally haven't tested the recipe without the eggs, however I've had several people comment and say they've had success using flax eggs.
How to serve these low carb biscuits
These biscuits are best served warm. You can spread them with butter, jam or serve them as a breakfast sandwich.
They're also great as a side with most meals or as a snack topped with any of your favorite toppings.
You could add any of your favorite fresh or dried herbs or even shredded cheese.
I prefer to make them plain(as recipe is written) and serve with any extra toppings or additions.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Please be sure to include a star rating along with your comment.
Until next time- xoxo
Almond Flour Biscuits (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Wet ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile melt butter in oven safe dish while the oven is pre-heating. Make sure to carefully watch this as it won't take long.
- Once butter is almost melted remove from oven and add cream cheese to warm butter and mix with fork till smooth and creamy. Set aside
- Beat eggs in a separate small bowl.
- Add eggs to dry mix, then butter, cream cheese mixture and stir till thoroughly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or large tablespoon spoon equal portions on to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes
Post updated from August 2019