This Snowball Cookie recipe is a no bake cookie that's easily made in one bowl. These coconutty, nutty cookies are the perfect addition to the holidays. Especially since there is minimal prep time involved & only 5 ingredients. Gluten Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, Easy.
Okay, since cookies are always a must have during the holidays it's always good to have a few of the classic choices.....
Like these cute little easy to make snowball cookies.
Cause the holiday tray needs a little variety when it comes to cookies or snacks in general.
So the more choices you have available the better.... that way you're sure to have something everyone loves.
And since we're all about serving warm dips during the holidays this hot Broccoli Cheese dip is another good choice.
INGREDIENTS FOR SNOWBALL COOKIES
- Medjool Dates
- Coconut Flakes- unsweetened
- Coconut Milk
- Almond Extract
- Almond Flour
HOW TO MAKE THIS SNOWBALL COOKIE RECIPE
First you want to remove the pits from the dates... next pulse them in the food processor until they form a large sticky ball.
Then add shredded coconut and pulse till incorporated in ball...
Add remaining ingredients and combine, scraping down the sides as needed till it comes together in a ball.
Scoop cookie dough out with one tablespoon scoop and roll in hands...
Then roll the cookies in finely shredded coconut flakes. Place back on cookie sheet and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
RECIPE TIPS FOR SNOWBALL COOKIES
Use a cookie scoop to make these in order to ensure uniform sizes...
This is the size cookie scoop I used to make these snowball cookies.
It also helps to wet your hands slightly for easier rolling... and keep a small bowl of water handy as you're rolling.
If you have coconut flakes that are large I like to pulse them in the food processor prior to starting the recipe.
Use fresh good quality ingredients.
HOW TO STORE THESE SNOWBALL COOKIES
For best results I like to store them in the fridge in a covered container..
They will store for up to 2 weeks and for longer storage you can also freeze them.
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE.....
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
5 Ingredient No Bake Snowball Cookies
- 8 Medjool dates pits removed
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut divided
- 3 tbsp. blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Put pitted dates in food processor and pulse until they form a sticky ball.
- Add 2 cups of coconut and pulse again till combined with date ball.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till you get a sticky texture that holds together when formed into balls.
- Using a cookie scoop, make balls equal portion size and roll into balls with your hand.
- Roll them into the remaining coconut and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in fridge at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Updated- originally posted December 2017