This Black Bean Taco Casserole recipe is a tasty, easy to prepare dinner perfect for busy weeknights. A one pan kid friendly meal which requires only a handful of ingredients. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Easy.
Okay Guys.... not that I really need to ask... But who doesn't love an easy tasty dinner or casserole?
Easy taco casserole
Is one that tastes like tacos only layered in one pan with lots of cheesy goodness.
And since I'm pretty sure most of you would Agree 😉.....
You simply can't go WRONG with anything involving tacos, lots of cheese and EASY dinners....
So let's move on... Shall we 🤗
Ingredients for this taco casserole recipe
- Black Beans
- Cooked Quinoa or Rice
- Onion & Garlic
- Greek yogurt or Sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream
So as you can see this is very versatile and can be customized with YOUR family's favorite toppings....
Or it's even great as is... without any additional toppings.
Can this be made ahead
Yes. This is a great make ahead meal and re-heats easily.
Or you can even make the filling ahead and then just layer & bake right before dinner.
And it's also perfect as leftovers... if you're lucky enough to have any.
Easy swaps or substitutions
When I originally made this recipe it was with Brown rice but after trying with Quinoa, that's what I prefer...
So you can use any kind of rice or quinoa.
You can easily swap Sour Cream for the Greek Yogurt if you prefer... not a lot of differences in the texture or flavor.
Other easy dinners
And if you make this recipe please be sure to leave a comment below.... along with star rating!
Until next time-xoxo
Taco Casserole Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 box/can black beans drained and rinsed 11-14 ounces
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels rinsed
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped optional
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa*
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream I use full fat
- 7 Gluten free tortilla wraps
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add black beans, corn, jalapeno, tomato, spices, brown rice, and yogurt and combine well.
- Cook another 6-8 minutes and set aside.
- In 9 by 9 casserole pan you will start by layer ⅓ of bean mixture, cheese, then tortilla.
- Repeat layering ending with tortilla and cheese on top layer.
- Bake covered in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool ten minutes prior to serving.
Updated- originally posted December 2016