Cheesy Baked Zucchini Breadsticks only require three ingredients not including spices. They can be served alone as an appetizer or would be great with a salad. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
So I just really realized that I’ve been sharing some simple tasty recipes to start off the month of February. Minimal ingredients and time involved.
Not planned but when I make something I really love that’s super easy to prepare I wanna share !
Because sharing is caring..Right Guys?
And since it has been an unseasonably warm February here, it has me wanting to move more..get out and about doing things.
I’ve actually been hitting the trails…well track in my case on a more regular basis. Something I have trouble doing in the cold weather since Running is really just my mental release from it all.
Hence not allowing as much time in the kitchen. Are you guys like that?
Well if you are I hope you’ll take advantage of some of these simple recipes requiring minimal effort but not lacking a ton of flavor.
And who’d thought you could get your veggies in like this.
I’ll try to get my obsession under control here with all the cheesy goodness.
But seriously, I’d love to know what types of recipes you’d like to see more of. Just drop me a message below in the comments.
Why not save the chocolate for dessert or maybe just have a tasty cocktail to sip on.
Which would go ever so nice with these Cheesy Baked Zucchini Breadsticks.
And let me list some final thoughts on these Cheesy Baked Zucchini Breadsticks:
- Only requires a couple ingredients
- Low carb deliciousness
- Great appetizer for your favorite Valentine
- Will help you continue to stick with your Healthy eating resolutions
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Dunk, Dip, Repeat!!
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Breadsticks
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each oregano & basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded Italian cheese blend
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and generously grease with olive oil.
- Meanwhile rinse zucchini and cut off both ends.
- Using a box grater shred both zucchini and place in strainer over bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and allow to sit about 10 minutes to release liquid.
- Meanwhile grate mozzarella cheese and add 1 cup to large mixing bowl reserving remaining cheese for topping.
- Then squeeze excess liquid of of zucchini using a paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Place zucchini in bowl with mozzarella cheese, add 2 beaten eggs, and seasonings.
- Combine well.
- Spread zucchini mixture out on greased parchment paper into a square shape about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes until the edges get brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven lower temperature to 350 degrees and top with additional mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice.*
- Place back in oven 10 minutes until gooey and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cut into equal size bread sticks.
can be dipped with marinara sauce or served plain
serving size may vary based on size you cut breadsticks