These Baked Zucchini Sticks are seriously so simple to make with only 3 ingredients & a few seasonings. Baked in the oven till golden brown and topped with gooey melty cheese. Perfect as an appetizer for entertaining, game day or as an afternoon snack even the kids will love. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Easy, Keto.
If you’re a fan of easy appetizers that are perfect for dipping with all your favorite sauces…
But you also need them low carb and low calorie for those New Years goals…
Then these baked Zucchini Sticks are EXACTLY what you’re looking for! 😉
Since they’re easy to make, delicious, and a much lower carb healthier option than traditional breadsticks.
So here’s the ingredients you’ll need to make them…
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional- Marinara sauce for dipping
HOW TO MAKE BAKED ZUCCHINI STICKS
Start by preheating the oven and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper…
Then generously grease it with olive oil.
Meanwhile rinse the zucchini, dry, cut off both ends and grate with a box grater.
Add shredded zucchini to a colander, sprinkle with salt and set in a bowl to drain…
Allow to sit approximately 10 minutes before squeezing excess liquid out with paper towels or clean kitchen towel.
Put in mixing bowl with remaining ingredients and combine well.
Spread out on lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven till golden brown.
Remove from oven, lower temperature, top with cheese and place back in oven till cheese is gooey, melty and lightly browned.
Allow to cool about 8-10 minutes prior to slicing into sticks.
Optional- cut off outer edges prior to serving and then cut into equal sized sticks.
Oh… and BTW those outer edges are awesome for snacking on while you’re cutting the rest into sticks..
CAN I MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME
YES… Just allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days..
Can warm prior to serving with dipping sauce or I’ve even enjoyed them cold.
OTHER ZUCCHINI RECIPES TO TRY
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Sticks (Low Carb, GF, Keto)
- 2 medium zucchini or 3 small
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each oregano & basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded Italian cheese blend
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and generously grease with olive oil.
- Meanwhile rinse zucchini and cut off both ends.
- Using a box grater shred both zucchini and place in strainer over bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and allow to sit about 10 minutes to release liquid.
- Meanwhile grate mozzarella cheese and add 1 cup to large mixing bowl reserving remaining cheese for topping.
- Then squeeze excess liquid of of zucchini using a paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Place zucchini in bowl with mozzarella cheese, add 2 beaten eggs, and seasonings.
- Combine well.
- Spread zucchini mixture out on greased parchment paper into a square shape about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes until the edges get brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven lower temperature to 350 degrees and top with additional mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice.*
- Place back in oven 10 minutes until gooey and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cut into equal size bread sticks.
can be dipped with marinara sauce or served plain
serving size may vary based on size you cut breadsticks *Nutrition Disclaimer
Updated- originally posted February 2017