Hi there, I’m Stephanie and welcome to my little corner of the internet world. Glad you found me!
This picture was taken in Charleston, SC while visiting my daughter in 2015.
Now a little More About Me:
I’m a certified personal trainer and former Accounting professional.
After working in the Accounting field for twenty plus years I decided it was time for a change. When I got laid off from my last job , I decided it was time to pursue my true passion. I’ve always been interested in nutrition and fitness and wanted to spend my time pursuing that. I knew this was my opportunity to explore this.
So here I am doing what I love most. Writing about Healthy eating and fitness.
I’m an amateur photographer, who loves trying to capture images of my creations. So please bear with me on that one. In time, I’m sure I will make improvements on that. Generally I’m a pretty fast learner.
When I’m not writing about it or snapping pictures, you’ll probably either find me in kitchen creating new recipes or on my yoga mat trying out new workout routines.
Thanks to my wonderful family for supporting me through this transition and I hope I can inspire anyone reading this to always do what brings you joy and never stop trying to get there. So stop thinking about it and just do it! When you’re Happy, you can bring joy and good things to others.
More about the blog:
Apples for CJ was created as a way for me to explore living a life without gluten. I discovered several years ago after trial and error that I was gluten intolerant or at least I realized that I felt better when not consuming it.
So the blog is sharing my gluten-free recipes, along with fitness tips, and anything else I feel may be useful towards living a healthy lifestyle.
The name for the blog when I originally started this journey was Gluten Free Simply Made.
I recently changed the blog name after losing my cat CJ. I’ve always believed in the importance of nutrition and exercise but I also think it is equally important for our pets. Even though CJ was eating a fairly healthy diet for a cat she had heart disease that we were not aware of.
So Apples for CJ is a reminder to myself to continue to eat healthy and exercise and since apples is what I usually start my day with it just seemed fitting to change the name to Apples for CJ.
All of the recipes you find on here are gluten free, vegetarian, and with no added refined sugars. I believe in eating as many whole foods as possible.
Some random FACTS about me:
- One of my favorite indulgences is Cheese. You’ll probably figure that one out if you follow my blog as it is included in a lot of my recipes.
- Oh, and of course you must have Wine to go along with that. Red wine is my preference.
- Running is a passion of mine which I don’t really consider working out as it’s more of a spiritual thing to me than anything.
- I’m definitely an outdoor person and prefer to spend my free time outside.
- I’m kind of a homebody and can easily belittle away the day doing various projects. Another reason I’ve started blogging.
- Writing and creating seems to bring me inner peace.
- I’m a strong believer that your never too old to purse what makes you Happy.
- I share my home with my wonderful husband Scott and our feline fur babies.
- And I’m most definitely an INTROVERT… another reason I love blogging.
Harvey wants to welcome you to our blog..
And Miss Lola Bean too…
And Squirtle says Hello also!
Husband Scott, aka Chief editor and taste tester.
Thanks Again for stopping by and I hope you’ll find lots of inspiration and yummy eats….