This Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is thick, creamy, cheesy & packed with tons of flavor. Only 10 minutes prep to get this easy delicious comfort food into the slow cooker. Gluten Free & Easy.
And when it comes to the Fall & Winter months this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is HIGH on my list of favorites.
So I always add this to the rotation of easy comfort meals.
Cause anytime I can throw a few ingredients into the crock pot and call it dinner…. Hey, I’m in!
Especially when it involves lots of cheese & broccoli. 😉
And even though there are a ton of recipes already out there for broccoli cheese soup, I know I know, but….
I wanted to make yet another simpler version that wouldn’t compromise flavor.
Plus it had to be GF & Vegetarian.
Hence in comes one of my favorite kitchen tools of all time… tada the slow cooker, with my food processor running a close second.
And actually you guys love this Spicy Crock Pot Cauliflower Mac n Cheese made in the slow cooker so much that I knew you were into using one.
But seriously anytime you want an easy comfort dinner I highly recommend it!
Even though I know the Instant Pot seems to be all the rage now, I’ve been a bit slow jumping on that bandwagon.
Cause I guess I’m really just a little ole school when it comes to certain things…. especially involving my kitchen tools. 😆
And yes, please keep me away from the mandolin slicer… only hubby is allowed use of that one.
But this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is…..
- Super easy to make with only 10 minutes prep
- Perfect for the upcoming cooler temps
- Family friendly
- Cheesy, creamy & loaded with Broccoli
- Great served leftover
- Delicious as a topping on baked potatoes
- Gluten Free
Plus with all the amazing health benefits of Broccoli you really can’t go wrong with this.
Since Broccoli is:
- Low in digestible carbs yet provides a decent amount of fiber
- High in Vitamins & Minerals such as Vitamin C, K1 & B9
- Loaded with Potassium, Manganese & Iron
- Good for Eye health
- Also High in Plant compounds which may reduce risk factors for disease
So lots of great reasons to give this Broccoli Cheese Soup a try. And please let me know in the comments below if you make this recipe by star rating it.
Slow Cooker Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup (Gluten Free)
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped carrots - (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup half & half cream
- 2 tbsp. organic corn starch
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place broccoli florets, carrots, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, cream cheese, greek yogurt, thyme & garlic powder in slow cooker.
- Cook on High setting 3 hours till veggies are tender.
- Turn off slow cooker and using an immersion blender mix until vegetables are broken down to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile in small bowl add half & half cream and mix in cornstarch.
- Stir till the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cream, and shredded cheddar cheese to slow cooker.
- Turn back on Low setting and cook another 30 minutes till cheese melted and thick & creamy.
- Taste for salt & pepper and add as needed.