This Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup is thick, creamy, cheesy & packed with tons of flavor. Only 10 minutes prep to get this easy delicious comfort food into the slow cooker. A gluten free & vegetarian soup perfect for cool nights.
And when it comes to the Fall & Winter months this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is HIGH on my list of favorites.
So I always add this to the rotation of easy comfort meals.
Cause anytime I can throw a few ingredients into the crock pot and call it dinner.... Hey, I'm in!
Especially when it involves lots of cheese & broccoli. 😉
And even though there are a ton of recipes already out there for broccoli cheese soup, I know I know, but....
I wanted to make yet another simpler version that wouldn't compromise flavor.
Plus it had to be GF & Vegetarian.
Hence in comes one of my favorite kitchen tools of all time... tada the crockpot, with my food processor running a close second.
And actually you guys love this Spicy Crock Pot Cauliflower Mac n Cheese made in the slow cooker so much that I knew you were into using one.
But seriously anytime you want an easy comfort dinner I highly recommend this broccoli cheddar crockpot soup!
Even though I know the Instant Pot seems to be all the rage now, I've been a bit slow jumping on that bandwagon.
Ingredients needed for Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Broccoli- frozen or fresh
- Vegetable broth
- Cream cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Half & Half cream or Whole milk
- Cheddar Cheese
Why you'll love this recipe
- Super easy to make with only 10 minutes prep
- Perfect for the upcoming cooler temps
- Family friendly
- Cheesy, creamy & loaded with Broccoli
- Great served leftover
- Delicious as a topping on baked potatoes
- Gluten Free
Plus with all the amazing health benefits of Broccoli you really can't go wrong with this.
Health benefits for broccoli
- Low in digestible carbs yet provides a decent amount of fiber
- High in Vitamins & Minerals such as Vitamin C, K1 & B9
- Loaded with Potassium, Manganese & Iron
- Good for Eye health
- Also High in Plant compounds which may reduce risk factors for disease
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped carrots - (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup half & half cream
- 2 tbsp. organic corn starch
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place broccoli florets, carrots, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, cream cheese, greek yogurt, thyme & garlic powder in the crockpot.
- Cook on High setting 3 hours till veggies are tender.
- Turn off slow cooker and using an immersion blender mix until vegetables are broken down to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile in small bowl add half & half cream and mix in cornstarch.
- Stir till the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cream, and shredded cheddar cheese to crockpot.
- Turn back on Low setting and cook another 30 minutes till cheese melted and thick & creamy.
- Taste for salt & pepper and add as needed.