This Chickpea Salad recipe is made with both garbanzo beans and peas. An easy, healthy salad that can be made in less than 10 minutes. It's great served with crackers, chips, or on wraps & sandwich bread for a quick satisfying lunch or dinner. Gluten Free, Easy, Healthy, Vegan option.
Chickpea salad is one of my favorite go to recipes...
Especially since it's super quick to prepare which makes it perfect when you're short on time.
A great make ahead salad that's high in protein, satisfying and delicious...
And you can usually find this salad or another version of chickpea salad without the peas in my fridge on a regular basis.
The green peas are great for added extra protein, texture and a nice pop of color that they give to the salad...
Plus when it comes to peas, I prefer them mostly cold in salads.
So if you prefer peas in salads as well another recipe we really love is this easy pea salad.
CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Garbanzo Beans- chickpeas
- Green Peas- frozen
- Red Onion
- Mayo- for vegan option use vegan mayo
- Apple Cider Vinegar
HOW TO MAKE THIS SALAD
It's super easy to make and really the hardest part is dicing up the veggies.
But you'll wanna start by rinsing a can of garbanzo beans and then you can either pulse them up in the food processor to desired consistency or if you don't have one use a potato masher.
Put them in a bowl with the rinsed frozen green peas, celery, onion, diced garlic and combine.
In small separate bowl mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, seasonings and salt & pepper to taste.
Pour over pea mixture and stir till everything is thoroughly incorporated.
WAYS TO SERVE CHICKPEA SALAD
You can serve it as an appetizer with crackers, chips or even cut up veggies.
Topped on a bed of salad greens for a healthy dinner or lunch.
On a wrap or sandwich bread. These almond flour tortillas make a delicious holder for it.
MORE SALAD RECIPE IDEAS
Until next time- xoxo
ChickPea Salad with Green Peas
- 1 15.5 ounce Can Garbanzo beans chick peas
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ¼ red onion finely diced
- ½ cup frozen green peas rinsed
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ⅔ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
- couple dashes hot sauce
- Rinse chickpeas and drain well. Pulse chickpeas in food processor or mash with fork or potato masher to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile chop celery, onion, and garlic and add to chickpeas. Add in green peas.
- In separate small bowl combine mayo, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt & pepper, and hot sauce.
- Mix well.
- Serve immediately or you can store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Updated- originally posted April 2016