This Baked Crispy Carrot Bacon is a delicious vegan bacon that develops nice smoky flavors from marinating the carrot strips with smoked paprika & coconut aminos. Easy to make in the oven and crisps up in a matter of minutes. Vegan & Gluten Free.
Okay Guys just roll with me on this one..... I get that carrots aren't bacon. I'm not EVEN trying to convince you of that.
Although this Baked Crispy Carrot Bacon is going have you re-thinking bacon & carrots for that matter.
And to be quite honest being vegetarian I haven't really thought about it much in years...
Ya know there are just some foods you kinda just don't even consider. Therefore I never gave much thought to bacon being in my life.
But I was looking for the crispy, smokey, salty flavors that go along with bacon so of course I google bacon substitutes.
Hence carrot bacon was one that came up, along with coconut flakes & mushrooms....never would I have thought of carrots being bacon. Nor coconut or mushrooms either.
So anywho, I started my experimenting with the carrots. Cause carrots are pretty much a staple in my house and you can always find them in my fridge.
So if I could turn these beauties into some smokey crispy bacon flavored strips then I could see sooo much potential for them....salad toppings by making vegan bacon bits, sandwiches and pretty much anywhere you'd use bacon.
Now I must tell you my first attempt at this was an utter failure...not to mention I thought the alarm company was going to be talking to me soon...haha!
Yeah...needless to say make sure you pay close attention to them while cooking em..
Cause you don't want burnt little carrot strips smelling up your house. But anyway I've got you covered. If you just follow my recipe & notes you shouldn't have that problem.
And I want you to be able to Enjoy your carrot bacon without all the drama..
Since this Vegan Bacon is....
- A healthier Fun way to Enjoy the flavor of bacon
- Made with only a few ingredients
- Smoky, slightly sweet & crispy
- Baked in the oven in under 10 minutes
- Perfect for salad toppings, sandwiches & more
- Vegan & Gluten Free
OTHER VEGAN BREAKFAST IDEAS
Until next time-xoxo
Baked Crispy Carrot Bacon (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos*
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Cut ends off carrots and peel with vegetable peeler. You're going to want to peel off several layers of the carrot before you get to the carrot strips that resemble bacon. Cut as many thin strips as you can with each carrot.**
- Meanwhile in small mixing bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, coconut aminos, & smoked paprika and stir.
- Add carrot strips to marinade and stir. Let sit at least 15-20 minutes.***
- Lay strips out on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven about 7-8 minutes making sure to check them during cooking.
- Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Flip strips and can cook another 1-2 minutes if you like them a little crisper.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.