Ginger Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies: An easy recipe for cookies that tastes like carrot cake. Bursting with the flavors of ginger, cinnamon, & coconut all in a bite sized treat. Perfect for breakfast or snacking. Gluten free, Refined sugar free, & Vegan option.
Hey Guys and Happy Monday & October to ya!
And it's finally starting to feel a little Fall-ish around here!
With the temps actually dipping down into the fifties last night I could finally pull out the hoodie.
Some of my happiest memories revolve around hoodies & sweatpants, so it was definitely a welcome addition.
This time of year is also perfect for hanging out on the deck in the evening, getting that run/walk in at the park, and let's not forget all your favorite baking projects.
And since you can never have too many cookies or carrot cake for that matter, I decided to combine the two flavors together in a healthier version....Hence these Ginger Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies were created with that all that in mind.
Chewy, flavorful, and perfect for an Easy Fall baking project! Cause Fall is the perfect time to start experimenting with lots of baked goods.
Also these Ginger Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are great to pack in school or work lunch boxes.
And you can actually feel good about eating these cookies since they're full of healthy ingredients.
Not to mention a healthy dose of carrots in each of these tasty little treats.. For sure, a great way to sneak some good veggies into the kiddos.
Now let's sum up all the highlights of these Ginger Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies...
- They're an Easy fun baking project for the Fall
- Made with lots of healthy ingredients including carrots
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene
- Carrots are also a good source of several B-vitamins, vitamin K and potassium
- Chewy, flavorful and tastes like carrot cake
- Great for packing in lunch boxes
- Gluten free, Refined sugar free, & Vegan option
Ginger Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup Gluten free Oat flour
- 1 cup Gluten free Rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup shredded carrots 2 large or 3 small carrots
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl combine oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, salt, ginger, & cinnamon and mix well.
- In small separate bowl combine maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, & melted coconut oil.
- Pour into flour mixture, along with coconut, shredded carrots, and chopped pecans.
- Mix till thoroughly incorporated.
- Using cookie scoop drop equal portions on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on rack at least 30 minutes before storing in airtight container in fridge.
Cookies can be stored in airtight container in fridge for up to five days.
Vegan option: use flax egg instead of regular egg.