Easy Healthier Magic Cookie Bars are a healthier version of an age old favorite. These cookies are perfect when craving a guilt-free treat. Loaded with chocolate, coconut, and nuts. And then layered on an almond flour crust (Gluten free, Vegan & Paleo friendly).
Yesss, I did just state Easy, Healthy & Cookies all in the same sentence!
So what’s up with that, Right?
Well first of all I never really totally like to deprive myself of some of my favorite foods…that’s just pure insanity & would never work!
Moderation is definitely the key here so when you wanna treat yourself Why not try this version of Easy Healthier Magic Cookie Bars!
And trust me, the kids will never even know that they’re made with healthier ingredients. Cause these cookies seriously taste better than a candy bar!
I suppose that’s how the name Magic Cookie Bars originated…cause they are somewhat magical!
At least that’s how I felt when I was a kid. This had to be my all time favorite cookie growing up and probably a lot of other peoples as well 🙂
One of the first ones to always disappear fast at our house!! Haha!!! Better get them cookies when they were first made.
And even though now I try to limit my sweet treats to minimal amounts, occasionally it’s REALLY Okay to indulge a little.
And making these Again after so many years just reminded me why they were one of my favorites.
So since we’ve made it mid-way through January let’s treat ourselves with a little indulgence.
And these Easy Healthier Magic Cookie Bars are the perfect way since…..
- They have No Added Refined Sugars
- Super Easy to Prepare
- They taste better then a Candy Bar
- Chocolate, Coconut, & Nuts belong Happily together in a cookie
- Gluten Free
- Vegan & Paleo Friendly
Easy Healthier Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- dash of salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
Coconut Milk Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk 13.5 ounces
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cookie Bar Layers
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips * divided (1/4 cup optional topping)
- 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In medium sauce pan combine ingredients for coconut milk cream.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 25-30 minutes until reduced in size by 1/3 to 1/2 making sure to stir every couple minutes.
- Meanwhile for crust pulse pecans in food processor along with almond flour and salt.
- Add to small mixing bowl. Melt coconut oil with maple syrup and add to almond flour mixture. Combine well.
- Press crust onto parchment lined baking pan with fingers or back of spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Press a couple tbsp. of chocolate chips into the crust. Then layer with chocolate chips(reserving about 1/4 cup for topping), chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, coconut flakes(reserving couple tbsp. for topping).
- Pour coconut milk cream over top of layers and top with remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes till set.
- Remove from oven and cool 15-20 minutes on cooling rack. Then refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to cutting.