Chocolate Coconut Balls are an easy to make no bake chocolate, coconutty treat. Only one bowl and six ingredients needed for these dark chocolate covered treats. A healthier version of a classic mounds candy bar. Vegan, GF, Paleo, DF.
And since mounds just happens to be one of my favorites…
Plus with the holidays being right around the corner… I thought what better way to celebrate.
Okay, so maybe we don’t need a special occasion to indulge in a little chocolate.
Especially since these chocolate balls are made with healthier good for ya ingredients….
Cause it’s all about choices when it comes to chocolate and candy for that matter.
It can taste good, be healthier for you and still suit all your dietary needs.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT BALLS
First you’ll want to gather all your ingredients..
And then you’ll pulse together your coconut balls in the food processor before rolling into balls.
The last step is to dunk these babies into some dark chocolate.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHOCOLATE BALLS
- Shredded Coconut
- Maple Syrup
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Almond Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
Once you’ve got your balls rolled out just chill them in the fridge to firm them up a bit before dunking them into the chocolate coating.
RECIPE TIPS FOR MAKING THEM
Make sure to pulse the ingredients together until the dough comes together in a sticky ball.
Use a one tablespoon cookie scoop for uniform size candies.
You can wet the cookie scoop a little for easier release…
And also dampen your hands while rolling out the balls.
STORING CHOCOLATE COCONUT BALLS
My preferred method for storing them is in an airtight container in the fridge or even a large ziplock bag…
Just make sure it’s airtight and if using a bag remove all the air before sealing.
You can store these in the fridge for about 4-6 weeks or you could freeze for even longer storage.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAKE LIKE…..
Until next time- xoxo
Chocolate Coconut Balls (Vegan, Paleo, GF)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes plus some for topping balls
- 6 tbsp. almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place coconut flakes, almond flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil in food processor and combine till it forms a sticky ball (scraping down sides a few times).
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop roll each ball in the palm of your hand and then place on large plate or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the fridge and allow a minimum of 30 minutes to chill and harden up.
- Melt dark chocolate chips using a double boiler until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon chilled balls 1 at a time in melted chocolate and swirl till coated and place back on parchment paper and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Repeat process till all balls are coated.
- Store in covered container in the fridge.
Updated- originally posted December 2018