Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are easy to prepare and made without added refined sugars. A healthier version yet still bursting with all the yummy gooey Chocolatey flavor. Both Gluten free & Vegetarian.
And just in case I’ve failed to mention it before, just wanted to let you Guys know you’re the absolute Best. So I wanted to say THANKS.
Since part of the reason I continue to keep sharing stuff is cause of you Guys. So if you ever want to see more of a certain thing pop up on the blog PLEASE by all means let me know.
Don’t be shy! We’re all just Happy little internet friends 🙂 Right?
But first and foremost today I have these yummy melt in your mouth Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
Because guess what…sometimes we all need a little chocolate in our life. Don’t you agree?
I know…not trying to get off track but you really can have healthier versions of all your favorites.
So when I first started on this journey I made it my mission to come up with as many tasty alternatives that I could really feel good about eating.
And since chocolate and bread have been some of my weaknesses I really wanted to work on these.
Hence the reason I’m sharing these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with you!
Now I’m here to tell you this recipe was made more than a few times to get it here on the blog…so needless to the say the hubby has probably had enough chocolate for a little while.
But that’s Okay, he never complains and just tries his best to eat it all.
Cause sometimes I’ve had to make the same recipe several times in order to get it right. And by right I mean blog approved.
So Let’s sum up everything RIGHT about these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
- Hubby and Blog approved
- No added refined sugars
- Gives you a chocolate fix without all the guilt
- Great as a healthier snack or even for breakfast
- Yes I did say you could have a cookie for breakfast
- Gluten free, Vegetarian, and Vegan option
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk(unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line a 9 x 9 square pan with parchment paper on both sides or lightly grease pan
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, almond milk, and eggs to medium mixing bowl and beat with fork or mixer till thoroughly combine.
- In small separate bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir making sure to remove any lumps.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
The number of bars depends on the size you cut them so that can vary.
During the last five minutes of cooking I topped with some additional chocolate chips but this is totally optional.
Vegan option: use flax eggs and vegan chocolate chips