This Peppermint Bark recipe is made with only three ingredients including dark chocolate chips. So it's an easy treat to serve for the holidays that's a healthier option. Gluten free, Vegan & Easy.
So if you're looking for that last minute holiday treat then look no further!
Cause this dark chocolate peppermint bark is minty, chocolatey and sure to please most anyone.
And no one will ever be able to tell that this chocolate peppermint bark is healthier than the traditional holiday treats.
- Dark Chocolate Chips- I recommend Enjoy life dark chocolate chips for this bark since they're vegan and gluten-free friendly!
- Candy Canes- you can use either the mini candy canes or full size candy canes for this recipe. You'll need approximately 14 mini or 4 regular size candy canes.
- Peppermint extract- make sure you're using pure peppermint extract and not flavoring for optimal flavor.
How to make this peppermint bark recipe
Full directions are in the recipe card below.
This recipe is so simple that it's almost Fool-proof. It's actually a fun recipe to get the kids involved in.
First you'll want to make sure to clear some space out in the freezer and line a large rimmed pan with parchment paper.
Next put your candy canes in a ziplock bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin and set aside.
Then melt the dark chocolate chips over medium heat in a double boiler.
Pour melted chocolate onto parchment lined pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle on crushed canes and place in freezer to firm up.
Once firm remove from freezer and break into pieces.
I recommend storing it in the fridge in an airtight sealed container for up to two weeks.
You can freeze the bark for longer storage.
Recipe notes & substitutions
- If you don't have a double boiler you could also melt the chocolate in the microwave in short increments and stirring often.
- The candy canes can also be crushed in the food processor if you prefer.
- This can be made by subbing out the dark chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, if you don't need it to be vegan friendly.
- The bark can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container if needed- just make sure to store in a cool dark place.
Other recipes you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe ( Gluten Free)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and clear out space in freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler until smooth and creamy.
- Add peppermint extract and stir till combined.
- Pour chocolate onto lined baking sheet and spread out evenly into a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and place in freezer to harden up approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces.
Updated- originally posted December 2018