Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Soup is chocked full of a healthy dose of veggies. It’s the perfect soup to prepare for a meal packed with flavor and nutrition. Vegan, Vegetarian, & Gluten Free.
Happy, I can’t believe we are only three days away from Christmas! I mean seriously where did this year ago.
It just seems like yesterday I was preparing for the holidays. Decorating for it, wrapping and meal planning. Well actually I was still wrapping yesterday.
I’m a little last minute when it comes to the wrapping..Even though I prepare for it months in advance I never know what I have to wrap until I start pulling it all out again.
So today I wanted to share a recipe that’s a little less Holiday…you know something you can make after you’ve settled down from all the Holiday hustle and bustle.
Something you can feel good about eating after indulging in all the food from the Holidays!
If you’re looking for a recipe to add to the New year that is really good for you and tastes fabulous you may want to pin this at the end of this post.
Cabbage has also been known to be good for the waistline.
So if you’re trying to bring in the New Year with a few healthier choices I think this one is for you. And it also helps that this is so easy to prepare.
Anyway, I’m going let you guys get back at it so you can just relax this weekend and enjoy spending time with Family & Friends.
But before I go let me give you the highlights of this Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Soup:
- Easy to prepare and tastes Fabulous
- Great for the waistline making it perfect for the New Year
- And lets Face it, we all need a little easy and healthy choices for the New Year
- Vegan, Vegetarian, & Gluten Free
Happy Holidays and I Hope Everyone has an awesome and relaxing Weekend!
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes(14.5 ounces)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ⅓ cup white wine(optional)
- Place all the above ingredients in the slow cooker reserving the tomato paste and wine for last 2 hours of cooking.
- Cook on high 4 hours, then add tomato paste and wine.
- Turn slow cooker down to low and cook another 2 hours.