This Roasted Cauliflower Soup recipe is a creamy smooth delicious bowl of pure comfort food. An easy healthy soup loaded with tons of flavor. Vegan, Gluten free, Easy, Healthy.
A vegan cauliflower soup made without using milk or cream. This soup is ultra creamy by blending the roasted cauliflower with vegetable broth.
And the perfect blend of seasonings makes this low carb cauliflower soup great to serve for an easy healthy meal.
You can serve it alone or pair it with a green salad and these low carb Almond flour biscuits!
A warm delicious healthy meal that’s great this time of year.
- Cauliflower- a medium head of fresh cauliflower or you could use frozen
- Onion- I recommend a sweet onion for this
- Garlic- finely mine the garlic
- Vegetable broth- can use low sodium broth if needed
- Olive oil
- Seasonings- thyme, turmeric, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, nutmeg. I don’t recommend leaving out any of these seasonings for optimal flavor.
How to make this soup
Full directions can be found in the recipe card below.
Start by breaking the cauliflower into florets. Rinse the florets with cold water and pat dry with clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
Place florets in mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the mixture out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven till lightly browned.
Remove from oven and set aside. Meanwhile heat olive oil in large soup pan or dutch oven along with finely chopped garlic.
Cook till fragrant a minute and add remaining seasonings. Stir in roasted cauliflower and onion, vegetable broth and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer. Remove from heat and then carefully blend with an immersion blender.
Serve immediately or allow to cool thoroughly and store in covered airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Can I freeze cauliflower soup?
Yes! You can easily freeze this soup in freezer safe ziplock bags for 3-4 months. Just make sure you allow the soup to thoroughly cool before freezing.
Thaw in fridge overnight and heat the next day on stovetop.
Other soup recipes you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 medium head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 large sweet yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Place cauliflower florets, and onions in medium mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt & pepper to taste and combine.
- Place on baking sheet in preheated oven and cook 20-25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in dutch oven or soup pan and add garlic.
- Cook 1-2 minutes then add thyme, turmeric, nutmeg, & cayenne pepper. Cook another minute until fragrant.
- Add roasted veggies, vegetable broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 25-30 minutes with lid slightly ajar.
- Remove from heat and with immersion blender carefully puree veggies until you have creamy texture.
- Taste for salt & pepper
- Can garnish with additional fennel seeds, fresh thyme or roasted cauliflower pieces.
Updated- originally posted November 2016