This Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup is a creamy comfort soup that has a mild sweetness to it. It’s a healthy, tasty addition to your Fall and Winter dinner menu. Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free.
I’ve definitely been more in a soup mood lately. And nothing says comfort and warmth to me more than a big bowl of soup.
This Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup was so easy to prepare making it the perfect addition to any menu.
Roasting vegetables just adds a lot more flavor< —- BONUS the aroma in your house while they are roasting feels all comfy cozy.
Plus + the warmth from the oven on a cool day just reminds me of all Happy 🙂 things…Good food and spending time with yourself preparing it.
Okay, so maybe, just maybe I’m somewhat of a Nerd. I can find great joy in the kitchen creating. I know not everyone gets this.
And that’s okay cause I hope you’ll continue to come to my blog and find things that bring inspiration to your kitchen… Cause Yes, we all need a little help with that sometimes.
While I really enjoy creating new recipes I do have those days where it’s a little more challenging. But this Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip soup was a no brainer for me.
Cauliflower just happens to be one of my favorite veggies and I knew it would soon end up in a soup bowl.
And would not disappoint its little parsnip friend..Haha, told you I was a nerd. But Cauliflower and Parsnip happily united in this bowl together.
So let me just sum up all the reasons you may want to Enjoy a big bowl of this soup:
- Comfort for a cool stay in the house kind of day
- Healthy, Creamy tasty soup
- Mildly sweet yet savory flavors
- Roasting veggies brings great aromas to your house
- Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup
- 1 medium head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 large parsnip peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Place cauliflower florets, parsnip, and onions in medium mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt & pepper to taste and combine.
- Place on baking sheet in preheated oven and cook 20-25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in dutch oven or soup pan and add garlic.
- Cook 1-2 minutes then add thyme, turmeric, nutmeg, & cayenne pepper. Cook another minute until fragrant.
- Add roasted veggies, vegetable broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 25-30 minutes with lid slightly ajar.
- Remove from heat and with immersion blender carefully puree veggies until you have creamy texture.
- Taste for salt & pepper
- Can garnish with additional fennel seeds
- optional toppings: yogurt, olive oil