This Slow Cooker Taco Soup is quick and easy to make in the crockpot. A healthy, filling meal that has all the flavors of a taco in a warm hearty bowl of soup. Gluten Free, Easy, Vegetarian, Vegan depending on toppings.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is seriously one of my favorite recipes that I make on a regular basis…
Cause it’s quick, easy and will have your house smelling Amaz-ing while slowly cooking.
Plus who doesn’t love some tacos…. with all the toppings.
This soup can easily be customized too with all your favorite toppings including some crunchy tortilla chips for dipping.
HOW TO MAKE TACO SOUP IN THE CROCKPOT
It’s super simple and takes less then 10 minutes prep…
You’re really going only need 5 ingredients and some seasonings to make the easiest best taco soup ever.
I like to use canned beans since I always have them on hand along with canned tomatoes…
Makes coming up with a quick dinner idea last minute almost effortless.
HERE’S THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Black Beans
- White Beans- I used Cannellini beans
- Corn- frozen
- Tomatoes- canned diced
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, you just put it all in the crockpot with some water and let it do its magic.
HOW TO SERVE TACO SOUP
I like to serve it with tortilla chips on the side for dipping and dunking.
You could also add tortilla strips to the soup if you prefer.
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
HOW TO STORE TACO SOUP
Allow to cool completely before storing in airtight containers in the fridge for up to a week.
Don’t store with chips or toppings… only top the soup when ready to serve.
Can also freeze in freezer safe containers for even longer storage.
MORE SOUP INSPIRATION…..
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Slow Cooker Taco Soup (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 15 ounce can white beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- optional: 1/4 cup diced peperoncino
- optional toppings: cheddar cheese sour cream or greek yogurt, cilantro, lime wedges, and tortilla chips.
- Place all of the above ingredients in the slow cooker reserving the toppings and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Place in serving bowls and top with optional toppings.
- Can be stored covered in fridge for up to 5 days.
Updated- originally posted January 2017