This Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup is so simple to prepare. And packed with so much flavor making it a family favorite. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan(depending on toppings).
Who doesn’t love easy, tasty and comfort all in one bowl? And of course let’s not forget we’re talking Taco. Love, love, love me some Tacos 🙂
This Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup has all the flavors of Tacos in one big warm cozy bowl of soup...YUMMM!
Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together? Especially when it’s involving dinner.
This literally takes just a few minutes to throw everything in the slow cooker and will have your house smelling AMAZ-ing in no time.
Now that my friends is my idea of dinner. How about you guys? What are some of your favorite quick easy dinners?
So now that we’ve resolved dinner for you hopefully you can go about your day Merrily!!
Even though I’ve resolved to not make resolutions and generally don’t do that, I’ve kind of been struggling with the idea this week.
Well let’s call it goals instead…Yeah, I’ve got some new goals for the Year. Some involving the Blog and others just personal.
The personal being more like re-vamping my exercise routine…do you guys tend to get lazier with exercise in the Winter months or is that just me?
I’m usually pretty good with the eating Right thing..it’s just sometimes I have those days when I just want to curl up in front of my computer and before I know it the day is over!
And just to feel like I haven’t wasted my entire day(which I know I really haven’t) I’ll whip through a short set of exercises and feel ACCOMPLISHED..haha 🙂
But anyway, back to this Recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup.
If you want to really feel accomplished make this one for dinner tonight since:
- It’s easy, peazy to throw together
- Dinner will be Ready to eat when you are
- Makes the house smell AMAZ-ing
- Family friendly
- Doesn’t require setting any goals…haha
- Everyone Loves Tacos
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Vegan(depending on toppings)
So enjoy your weekend and make this Taco soup one of your Easy goals!
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup
- 1 box/can black beans 11-14 ounces
- 1 box/can white beans 11-14 ounces I used cannellini beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes I used tomatoes from a jar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- optional: 1/4 cup diced peperoncino
- optional toppings: cheddar cheese sour cream or greek yogurt, cilantro, lime wedges, and tortilla chips.
- Place all of the above ingredients in the slow cooker reserving the toppings and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Place in serving bowls and top with optional toppings.
- Can be stored covered in fridge for up to 5 days.