This Vegan Tomato Soup is so easy to make and perfect for a warm comforting lunch or dinner. Creamy, thick and chocked full of a healthy dose of veggies. Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Easy.
So when it comes to soup nothing compares to simple bowl of thick creamy tomato soup.
And this Vegan Tomato Soup is no exception…
I love dunking them in a big bowl of this soup. The ultimate comfort food that’s perfect for a cozy family dinner.
But however you Enjoy it, the homemade stuff is just sooo much better than any canned soup… and worth the extra little effort that it takes to prepare it.
Plus prep time for this soup only takes about 10 minutes.
So let’s get ya started….
Ingredients for this Soup:
- Diced tomatoes
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Tomato paste
How to make Homemade Tomato Soup:
Start by dicing up carrot, celery, onion and garlic.
Next heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pan… add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and saute about five minutes till translucent and fragrant.
Add seasonings stir and cook another minute.
Then you’ll incorporate the remaining ingredients bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to sit several minutes before using an immersion blender to blend the soup.
Don’t forget to remove the bay leaf before blending…
Serve immediately or warm till ready to eat.
Can I make this Tomato Soup in advance:
Yes… you can either keep it warm on the stove top till ready to eat or cool completely and store in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
It’s also freezer friendly… just make sure to cool it completely then store in sealed airtight containers in the freezer for 3-5 months.
Thaw soup in fridge overnight prior to warming up and serving.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Vegan Tomato Soup (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine* *
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional- top with fresh basil
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat
- Add carrot, celery, garlic, onions with 1 tsp. salt and saute about 5-6 minutes
- Then add basil, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, bay leaf and continue cooking about another minute
- Add diced tomatoes, & remaining ingredients
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 30-45 minutes
- Taste for salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and let cool about 10 minutes
- Make sure to remove bay leaf at this time(you don't want to blend it)
- Then with your immersion blender slowly blend your tomatoes and vegetables to the consistency you like
- Serve immediately or warm till ready to serve.
Updated- originally posted September 2015