Smooth Creamy Sweet Potato Tahini Soup is both slightly sweet & mildly nutty. Loaded with flavors of Fall this soup is perfect for the upcoming cooler evenings. Vegan & Gluten free.
Hey there to all my friends and lovely readers!
And even though we’re ONLY four short days away from Fall, it’s still been feeling a lot like summer around my parts.
But I’ve been enjoying the nice weather and playing around with lots of new Fallish recipes for you Guys!
While this Smooth Creamy Sweet Potato Tahini Soup is perfect for the cooler weather, it’s also something I Enjoy anytime.
So with soup season upon us I’m definitely exploring lots of new options…
Uhmmm & sweet potatoes and soup are now a new FAV! Oh and let’s not forget the tahini!
Tahini is not just for hummus my friends…although I’m all about the hummus!
It’s also great as a salad dressing and topping on so many foods.
And that’s actually how this recipe came about ⇐ Me eating baked sweet potatoes with tahini drizzle.
Needless to say, light bulb moment occurrence (haha), and this soup was created.
What occurred out of some of your greatest light bulb moments?
Whether food related or maybe that duh huh moment…like why have I being doing this wrong for sooo many years?
Or why do I continue to make sweet potatoes the same three Ways! Me for years, but with all the great nutrients and flavors in these Guys I needed to move on.
So here we shall have all the reasons you’ll wanna move on with this Smooth Creamy Sweet Potato Tahini Soup…
- Sweet Potatoes rank much lower on the glycemic index than regular potatoes
- They’re packed with potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B6 which supports energy
- A great gluten free option if you’re looking to replace carbohydrates in your diet
- Easy to prepare and a tasty light dinner option
- Vegan friendly
Smooth Creamy Sweet Potato Tahini Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large/ or 2 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg & ginger
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups chopped sweet potatoes 1 large and 2 small/medium potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- optional toppings:
- roasted chickpeas parsley, tahini drizzle
- In large dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, & carrots.
- Cook 2-3 minutes till translucent.
- Add spices and cook another minute till fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes and vegetable broth, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium heat approximately 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool several minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully blend till smooth & creamy.
- Add tahini and lime juice and stir.
- Serve immediately with any additional toppings.
- Can be stored covered in fridge for up to five days or can freeze for up to 3 months.