My broccoli salad recipe was inspired by my effort to get my daughter Samantha to make healthier food choices. She is now grown with a family of her own but always requests that I make this when she comes home to visit.
All my adopted daughters love this too. You girls know who you are!!!This recipe is really simple and easy to put together. It’s just trimmed broccoli and red onion chopped. I love the simplicity of this recipe but also it’s a good way to get your children to eat their veggies.
So I would always make this time and time again whenever I had guests or someone coming by that asks that I make this.
I love broccoli prepared a lot of different ways but I would have to say this is one of my favorite cold salads with broccoli. If you’re looking for a good way to add it to your pizza you should try this Smoky Broccoli Cheese Pizza. It is truly good with the smoky mozzarella cheese that kind of gives it that meaty flavor.
Anyway, this recipe is here as one of my originals posted specifically so my daughter Samantha and her friends could always find it.
- 1 large bunch broccoli florets trimmed
- 1 small red onion finely diced. About ½ cup
- 4 to 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain full fat greek yougurt
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ - ¾ tsp. dried dill weed or handful of freshly chopped dill
- •salt & pepper to taste
- •optional ingredients: bell pepper, olives, cherry tomatoes
- In large mixing bowl combine trimmed broccoli florets with diced red onions
- In separate small mixing bowl add mayo, greek yogurt, red wine vinegar and combine well
- Stir in garlic powder, dried dill weed & fresh dill
- Pour over broccoli florets, onions, and combine well
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Top salad with cubed cheddar cheese