This Mustard Potato Salad is perfect for gatherings, potlucks and BBQ’s. A classic recipe that’s easy to prepare and loaded with tons of flavor. Creamy mayo & mustard combined with crunchy dill pickles give this potato salad just the right amount of tang. Gluten Free, Easy.
So we can all probably agree that Potato salad is a side dish that is common in most households around the world…
But depending on where you live then how it’s prepared is going to vary.
And whether you choose to add pickles, celery or onions you can probably find it on a lot of tables during family gatherings, potlucks or BBQ’s.
Or at least where I’m from you can. 😉
And with the Easter holiday coming up it’s the perfect easy side to add to the table.
Especially since this Potato Salad contains hard boiled eggs…..
Which generally can be found in abundance during the Easter holiday.
How do you make Classic Mustard Potato Salad:
First you wanna start by peeling and dicing up the potatoes into small bite sized chunks.
Cook the potatoes till fork tender and drain…
Making sure not to overcook the potatoes or they’ll end up on the mushy side.
Combine them with celery, onions, and apple cider vinegar while still warm and stir gently.
Allow to cool about ten minutes before adding remaining ingredients.
Can I make this ahead…..
Yes… it’s actually better if the flavors have time to blend a few hours in the fridge.
How long will this potato salad keep?
Properly stored covered in the fridge… it should last from 3-5 days.
Tips to ensure the BEST Mustard Potato Salad:
- Cut potatoes into uniform bite sized chunks to ensure even cooking…
- Make sure to check the potatoes periodically with a fork
- And drain when they can be easily pierced through
- Pour apple cider vinegar on potatoes while they are still warm
- Finely dice the onion, celery and dill pickles
Other easy side dishes….
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Classic Mustard Potato Salad (Gluten Free)
- 2.5 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup dill pickles finely diced
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika- optional garnish
- Peel potatoes and cut into uniform bite sized pieces.
- Place in large pot and cover with cold water and bring to boil.
- Add salt to water and continue to cook simmering potatoes about 8-10 minutes until can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain and add back to pot with apple cider vinegar, onion, celery and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir gently, set aside and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Add mayo and mustard and combine.
- Taste for salt & pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve.