This Cauliflower Potato Salad is easy to make, flavorful and much lighter than traditional potato salad. Easily made by trading out potatoes with cauliflower. So it’s a great way to cut out some carbs. Paleo, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Easy.
So if potato salad is one of your favorite BBQ and summertime staples then you’re REALLY going love this lighter version using cauliflower.
Especially since this recipe using cauliflower has a lot of the same flavors used in regular potato salad.
What’s needed for this Cauliflower Salad:
- Red onion
- Hard boiled eggs
- Dijon mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to make Cauliflower Potato Salad:
It’s similar to making the traditionally version…
Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile break the cauliflower into small bite size florets.
Once boiling carefully add the cauliflower to water and cook about 5-6 minutes till it can easily be pierced with a fork.
Drain well before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make the hard boiled eggs before beginning
- Prep all the ingredients prior to starting…
- Dicing the veggies and cutting the cauliflower
- Don’t over cook the cauliflower or it will be mushy…
- Mushy salad… not Good.
- Make sure to drain the cauliflower thoroughly and allow to cool in strainer at least 10 minutes
Other swaps using Cauliflower:
That’s the great thing about this veggie… so versatile.
I’ve had a lot of success swapping it out in many recipes.
And with cauliflower having so many great health benefits you really should consider adding some to your meal plans.
Some Cauliflower Health benefits:
It’s low in calories and high in vitamins and nutrients.
May aid in weight loss since 92% of it’s weight is water.
High in fiber and antioxidants.
Low in carbs – so a great choice for switching out grains and legumes
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Updated- originally posted April 2016
Until next time-xoxo
Cauliflower Potato Salad (Paleo, GF, Low Carb)
- 1 medium cauliflower broken into florets
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Carefully add cauliflower florets and reduce to medium high.
- Cook about 6-8 minutes till cauliflower is fork tender. You don't want the cauliflower too mushy.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile In large bowl add onion, garlic, and celery. Add the well drained cauliflower to this and combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and then pour over cauliflower mixture.
- Top with additional paprika or dill weed as desired.