This Cauliflower Potato Salad swaps out potatoes with cauliflower for a healthier lighter salad. So it's a great summer side dish that's both low carb & keto friendly. Gluten free, Keto, Low Carb, Easy.
Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables around. Especially since you can easily swap it out in many recipes using potatoes.
Like these cauliflower hash browns which is another one of our favorite swaps.
It also makes a delicious pizza crust base that can be topped with all your favorite pizza toppings!
But for a quick and easy side this cauliflower potato salad is one we like to have on hand for easy meals.
- Cauliflower florets- break these into small bite sized pieces.
- Red onion- finely dice the onion. You could swap out with yellow or sweet onion if preferred.
- Hard boiled eggs- I recommend making these in advance so they have time to cool.
- Celery- finely dice this.
- Apple cider vinegar- I don't recommend a swap for this one.
- Garlic- finely mince the garlic before adding to the dressing.
- Seasonings- dill weed, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper to taste.
How to make cauliflower potato salad
Full directions in the recipe card below
Start by cooking the cauliflower on the stove top till just fork tender. Drain and cool thoroughly.
- Add cauliflower and diced veggies to a mixing bowl and combine.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
Storage notes & tips
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
It's better if allowed to chill several hours before serving and I actually prefer the flavor even better the next day.
The hard boiled eggs can easily be made ahead. Just peel and chop them right before adding to the salad.
Optional add ins
- Dill pickle relish- not the sweet relish. You could also just finely chop up some dill pickles.
- Jalapeños- if you like spicy
If I have them on hand I almost always add the dill pickle relish and capers to this.
Other salads you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cauliflower Potato Salad (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Carefully add cauliflower florets and reduce to medium high.
- Cook about 6-8 minutes till cauliflower is fork tender. You don't want the cauliflower too mushy.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile In large bowl add onion, garlic, and celery. Add the well drained cauliflower to this and combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and then pour over cauliflower mixture.
- Top with additional paprika or dill weed as desired.
Updated from May 2019, originally posted April 2016