These Easy Homemade Burger Buns are super quick to prepare, light and perfect for all your sandwich needs. A one bowl recipe ready in under 30 minutes (Gluten Free).
Burger buns which are so simple to prepare, great for all your veggie burgers & even tasty for breakfast sandwiches. Now what more can you ask for! 😉
And since the store bought brands of gluten free buns are usually pretty pricey & lack the flavor I was searching for…..hence I knew it was time to create my own burger buns.
But I must tell ya it took me four or five attempts 😆 to get these right…And even though the hubby enjoyed eating all the less then perfect ones I wanted to be sure they’d be share worthy before posting to the blog.
And here are a few tips that’ll help you achieve the best burger buns…..
- Take your eggs out of the fridge prior to starting since you’ll get better results with room temperature eggs
- Make sure you use finely shredded cheese
- And you’ll actually want to grate the cheese yourself
- Store bought shredded cheese doesn’t work as well for this…trust me I’ve tried
- Follow the recipe directions exactly to avoid flat buns 😆
- Egg rings work great to help the buns keep their shape…but not necessary
And now you’re Ready Guys!! For burger night, cookouts and anything requiring a bun or sandwich roll. These also freeze well so perfect to make ahead.
But no burger is complete without the yummy toppings and sides!
So here are a few recipes you may want to try when serving these burger buns….
Classic Honey Mustard Coleslaw– which is great topped on a burger
Lemon Dill Potato Salad – a favorite on the blog
Crispy Oven Baked Gluten Free Onion Rings – hubby’s favorite 🙂
Best Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries – for the nights you wanna go a little healthier
Anywho, I hope you’ll give these burger buns a try and enjoy them with some tasty sides.
Easy Homemade Burger Buns
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup half & half cream*
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
optional topping for buns
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and generously grease with olive oil.
- Put tapioca flour in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat half & half cream, olive oil and salt in small sauce pan just till it reaches boiling.
- Pour into bowl with flour and mix with hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Will be a little dry at this point.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Then add finely shredded cheese and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide the mixture evenly into 6 bun shapes.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with beaten frothy egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool and can serve immediately, store in covered container in fridge or can freeze for later use.