These Gluten Free Burger Buns are super quick to prepare, light and perfect for all your sandwich needs. A one bowl recipe ready in under 30 minutes. Gluten Free, Easy.
Burger buns which are so simple to prepare, great for all your veggie burgers & even tasty for breakfast sandwiches. Now what more can you ask for!
And one of my other favorite ways to serve these besides veggie burgers is topped with a fried egg, swiss cheese and avocado....
Omgosh.... so good. We pretty much eat this for weekend brunch on a regular basis.
Plus since the store bought brands of gluten free buns are usually pretty pricey & lack the flavor I was searching for…..
Hence I knew it was time to create my own burger buns.
But I must tell ya it took me four or five attempts to get these right…
And even though the hubby enjoyed eating all the less then perfect ones I wanted to be sure they’d be share worthy before posting to the blog.
Tips to achieve the BEST BURGER BUNS…..
- Take your eggs out of the fridge prior to starting since you’ll get better results with room temperature eggs
- If you forget you can always put them in a bowl of warm water to bring to room temperature
- Make sure to measure the flour correctly...
- Too little or too much will change how the buns turn out
- And very important that you let the milk, olive oil and salt just come to a rolling boil
- Don't BOIL it, so you need to watch this process very carefully as it doesn't take long
- If the mixture does seem a little too dry you can always add a few drops of water a little at at time
- Follow the recipe directions EXACTLY for optimal results
- The dough should be slightly sticky but not runny
Tools to help you make these Gluten Free Burger Buns:
Burger Bun Pan- I highly recommended this pan. I can't say enough good things about it. I've made sooo many buns in this pan and it makes the process much easier.
Plus it also helps the buns hold their shape... I tried various other methods like egg rings, etc....
But this pan just made the whole process stress free.
How to store these Gluten Free Burger Buns:
You can keep them in the fridge in a zip lock bag or freeze them for longer storage.
Personally I like to freeze them in a large sealed bag and just pull them out when needed.
Other recipes to try with BURGER BUNS….
Classic Honey Mustard Coleslaw– which is great topped on a burger
Lemon Dill Potato Salad – a favorite on the blog
Crispy Oven Baked Gluten Free Onion Rings – hubby’s favorite
Best Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries – for the nights you wanna go a little healthier
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Updated- originally posted June 2018
Until next time- xoxo
Gluten Free Burger Buns
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- ½ cup half & half cream*
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
optional topping for buns
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put tapioca flour in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat half & half cream, olive oil and salt in small sauce pan just till it reaches boiling.
- Pour into bowl with flour and mix with hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Will be a little dry at this point.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Then add shredded cheese and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide the mixture evenly into 6 buns and put in bun pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with beaten frothy egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to oven and bake 8- 10 more minutes till lightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool and can serve immediately, store in covered container in fridge or can freeze for later use.