Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Meatballs is a tasty, healthier version you can feel good about eating. Packed full of flavor without the guilt. Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
This Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Meatballs is made with whole food ingredients so it’s a much lighter version and lower carb.
Hence coming from a former pasta/spaghetti and meatball lover myself I think I can win you over with this.
So I hope you guys all enjoyed a warm cozy weekend by the fire with lots of good food. Cause it definitely got cold here in the old South and we saw our first snowfall of the year. Brrr!!!
Okay so I know it’s January and to be expected, but I think I could deal with a little less frigid temperatures..I mean when we get into the single digits that’s more than this southern gal can handle.
Have you guys seen any snowfall in your area yet this year?
But I can tell you baking a spaghetti squash in the oven will definitely warm things up a little bit.
And bonus you can eat an extra serving of this without feeling overly stuffed.
I’ve never been one to deprive myself when it comes to food. That only sets you up for failure in my opinion.
While I do mainly limit myself to whole unprocessed foods I will allow myself a few treats in smaller portions.
Because guess what?? Having a few treats is REALLY okay..It’s really about finding a balance and what works for you.
So go ahead and enjoy those whatever they may be cause you can come here and are sure to find healthier versions of some of your favorite recipes.
And this Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Meatballs is no exception since:
- It’s a healthier lower carb option for spaghetti & meatballs
- Has all of the flavor without all the guilt
- Hey, and you can even have seconds
- Great option for serving vegetarian and vegan friends
- Cause we all want healthier options for the New Year
- Vegan, Gluten Free
Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Meatballs
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box/can black beans 11-14 ounces
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats old fashioned
- 1 medium beet peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Bragg Aminos*
- 1 24 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce**
- For Spaghetti Squash.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place squash flesh side down on large baking sheet with small amount of water on bottom of pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes until can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven, flip over and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- With a fork remove spaghetti like strands from squash and place in large bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste and olive oil and combine. Set aside.
- For the Meatballs:
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile add black beans, onion, garlic, and oats to food processor and pulse until smooth consistency.
- Then add beet, paprika, salt, black pepper, tomato paste, mustard, & bragg aminos.
- Pulse another minute until smooth.
- Shape into equal size meatballs and place on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn around and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place meatballs in large pot on stove top with pasta sauce. Heat until warm.
- Serve over spaghetti squash***
**can make homemade sauce or use your favorite jarred sauce
***the meatballs can be served on a sandwich, rice or however you prefer