This Vegetarian Slow Cooker French Onion Soup is a tasty, hearty, treat yourself to some real comfort food. And with only a few ingredients in the slow cooker. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Now what better way to say comfort than with a big bowl of soup topped with some croutons and all this cheesy goodness. Soup is one of those things that I could pretty much eat daily..Especially during the cooler months.
And this Vegetarian Slow Cooker French Onion soup can be the perfect start to the week.
At least I think so...cause you can make a big pot and eat on it all week. Well, unless your feeding a big hungry family and in that case just double the batch.
So I really, really can't believe we're approaching November next week.. I feel like I'm sooo behind this year. Is it just me or does it feel like we just did the whole Holiday thing?
Anyway, I'm going to try not to think about it and just Enjoy the week...One gorgeous day at a time 🙂
At least the weather around here has been picture perfect!!
How about you guys...Was it a good weekend?
Not too much excitement here over the weekend. <-- Mostly grocery shopping and picking up a few odds and ends.
Hey, but those are some of my favorite weekends..no plans and just hanging out with the husband.
Whether it be shopping, or just hanging out in the backyard it's just nice to have quality time with your favorite person.. or people. And knowing you got some good grub to eat makes things even better.
AND THIS VEGETARIAN SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP IS
- It only requires a few ingredients
- tasty, comfort food that is easy to prepare
- Perfect to enjoy with your favorite people
- Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Until next time- xoxo
Vegetarian Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- 2 large yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoon Braggs Aminos*
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup water
- cheese of choice
- croutons or crusty bread for topping
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter with olive oil over medium heat in pan on stove top
- Place onions in pan and cook 10 minutes, then sprinkle with salt.
- Cook additional 20 minutes until caramelized and drizzle with balsamic vinegar last couple minutes of cooking.
- Place caramelized onions in crockpot, along with remaining ingredients reserving cheese and croutons for topping.
- Cook on high 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before spoon into bowls.
- Spoon in oven safe serving bowls and top with croutons and cheese.
- Melt until bubbly and golden brown.
Then slices of melted Swiss cheese