These Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Cups are a great way to get in your veggies. Portable and perfect for lunch, snacking or anytime. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and is ready to start a fresh new week!
Nothing special happening on this end..pretty much just a low key weekend handling all the normal routine activities..shopping, cooking, shopping, cooking, photo shoot.
That’s pretty much the story of my life nowadays but loving every minute of it.
So this week I’m starting off with probably one of my new favorite recipes. This was actually inspired by my Spicy Crock pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese.
And since that just happened to one of my most viewed recipes thus far I figured he needed a friend.
Hence, these Cauliflower Mac & Cheese cups were born..Haha!
These little portable treats are packed with so much flavor you won’t even feel like you’re eating something healthy.
Also approved by daughter Samantha and Kelly(adopted daughter) who just so happened to be here when I was snacking on these for lunch.
Most of the time it’s just me and the husband eating and testing all this stuff so sometimes it’s nice to have a second or third opinion.
Hey, and they can definitely be some tough critics. They even so graciously offered their tasting skills anytime.
Good to know that they’re so willing to help in the name of food.
Cause anytime you can pull off something healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare in a little muffin size treat you just kind of feel accomplished.
And this recipe for Cauliflower Mac & Cheese cups is kind of all that since:
- They’re packed with veggies
- Portable and great served cold or re-heated
- Only require a few ingredients
- Kid friendly(Samantha & Kelly approved)
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- Spicy Crock pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese now has a friend
- Cause we all need friends..haha
Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Cups
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces of frozen broccoli florets
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese*
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Meanwhile bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Carefully add cauliflower and broccoli florets. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Drain well and add back to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well. Mash slightly with back of spoon.
- I like to leave some smaller chunks of the veggies.
- Using an ice cream scoop add mixture to muffin tin.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes prior to removing from muffin pan.