These Blueberry Scones are super easy to prepare in one bowl. Made with almond & coconut flour for a lower carb treat that's perfect with coffee or as an afternoon snack. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free.
So these lemon blueberry scones are SERIOUSLY going to make a believer out of you ..... 🙋♀️
That healthier treats can be satisfying and taste good!
And with the New Year upon us, maybe you're looking for a few tasty healthier options.
Do you Guys like to make resolutions??? Food or even exercise related? Personally I just feel better if I'm consistent year around...
So anywho, I like to balance my treats from the no guilt ones like these scones to the maybe a smaller portion when it comes to a cheese ball. 😏
What makes this Lemon Blueberry Scones recipe a good choice.....
• Well I'd probably have to put flavor on the top of the list...
• Approved ✅ by my scone loving hubby
• Loaded with blueberries which have lots of great health benefits
• And also low in sugar and carbs
Did you know that blueberries are?
- A low calorie food that is high in nutrients and antioxidants
- May even help to lower blood pressure....
- And reduce risk for heart attacks
- May aid in brain function which may delay mental decline
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Lower blood sugar levels
- They may also aid muscle 💪 recovery
So why wouldn't you want to add these delicious berries into your diet? Especially since they provide so many great health benefits.
Lemon Blueberry Scones recipe ingredients:
• Almond Flour
• Coconut Flour
• Baking powder, soda, and salt
• Lemon juice & zest of a lemon
• Unrefined Coconut Oil
• Pure maple syrup
And no special equipment or mixer needed to make these... only a bowl.
Other healthy easy to make snacks on the blog....
And don't forget if you make these to please leave a comment and rating ⭐ below.
Until next time-xoxo
Lemon Blueberry Scones (Dairy Free & GF)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, soda, & salt and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Then add beaten eggs, lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest and stir till incorporated.
- Add firm coconut oil and mix in with fork till incorporated into dough.
- Fold in blueberries till combined.
- Divide dough into two separate rounds about ¾ inches thick and place on lined baking sheet.
- Cut each round into four triangle shapes separating them slightly before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-22 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.