These Blueberry Scones are super easy to prepare in one bowl. Made with almond & coconut flour for a lower carb treat that’s perfect with coffee or as an afternoon snack. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free.
So these lemon blueberry scones are SERIOUSLY going to make a believer out of you ….. 🙋♀️
That healthier treats can be satisfying and taste good!
And with the New Year upon us, maybe you’re looking for a few tasty healthier options.
Do you Guys like to make resolutions??? Food or even exercise related? Personally I just feel better if I’m consistent year around…
So anywho, I like to balance my treats from the no guilt ones like these scones to the maybe a smaller portion when it comes to a cheese ball. 😏
What makes these Lemon Blueberry Scones a good choice…..
• Well I’d probably have to put flavor on the top of the list…
• Approved ✅ by my scone loving hubby
• Loaded with blueberries which have lots of great health benefits
• And also low in sugar and carbs
Did you know that blueberries are?
- A low calorie food that is high in nutrients and antioxidants
- May even help to lower blood pressure….
- And reduce risk for heart attacks
- May aid in brain function which may delay mental decline
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Lower blood sugar levels
- They may also aid muscle 💪 recovery
So why wouldn’t you want to add these delicious berries into your diet? Especially since they provide so many great health benefits.
What’s needed to make these Lemon Blueberry Scones:
• Almond Flour
• Coconut Flour
• Baking powder, soda, and salt
• Lemon juice & zest of a lemon
• Unrefined Coconut Oil
• Pure maple syrup
And no special equipment or mixer needed to make these… only a bowl.
Other healthy easy to make snacks on the blog….
And don’t forget if you make these to please leave a comment and rating ⭐ below.
Until next time-xoxo
Lemon Blueberry Scones (Dairy Free & GF)
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, soda, & salt and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Then add beaten eggs, lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest and stir till incorporated.
- Add firm coconut oil and mix in with fork till incorporated into dough.
- Fold in blueberries till combined.
- Divide dough into two separate rounds about 3/4 inches thick and place on lined baking sheet.
- Cut each round into four triangle shapes separating them slightly before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-22 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.