These Pumpkin Pie Date Energy Balls are an easy way to have all the flavors of pumpkin pie without baking. These date energy balls come together quickly and are perfect for healthy snacks. Vegan, Gluten free, Healthy, Refined sugar free.
Vegan energy balls that taste like eating a bite sized piece of pumpkin pie. Yes, please!
And they come together in about twenty minutes with no baking required. Cause sometimes you just need an easy treat without all the work involved in baking a pie!
Especially since the holidays are already pretty hectic. So it's great to have a few of these date balls in the fridge ready for a quick healthy snacks.
- Rolled Oats- Use the certified gluten free old fashioned rolled oats and not the quick cooking oats.
- Pumpkin- Plain canned pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie one.
- Dates- Medjool dates are recommend for this recipe. You'll need to remove the pits from them.
- Pecans- I used pecans halves although you could easily use pecan pieces or swap out with a different nut.
How to make date energy balls
Full directions are found below in the recipe card
Start by removing the pits from the dates and pulsing them together in the food processor until the form a sticky ball.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse till everything is thoroughly combined.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on parchment lined tray and place in freezer to firm up.
How to store these date balls
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
For longer storage you can freeze them for up to three months.
More easy snack ideas
Pumpkin Pie Date Energy Balls (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Add pitted dates to food processor and pulse till they form a ball.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till combined.
- Form into tbsp. sized balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in freezer about 30 minutes until firm.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.
Updated from June 2019 post