This one pot Mushroom Stroganoff is creamy, easy and delicious. Made with a hearty mushroom sauce packed with tons of flavor. A great weeknight dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes. Gluten Free, Easy.
And when I say delicious....
I must admit this is one of my favorite EASY weeknight dinners.
Cause anytime you add mushrooms to a creamy thick sauce you know you're gonna have a winner. 😉
Plus this meatless version comes together quickly so it's great for busy nights...
Especially when all you want is a big bowl of warm comfort food.. Me every night friends! 🙋♀️
HOW IS MUSHROOM STROGANOFF SERVED
That can actually vary depending on where you're located.
But typically in the United States it's served over egg noodles. Although any kind of gluten free pasta would work...
Or even serve it over rice or a baked potato.
The star of the show is the baby bella mushrooms.... They have an earthier meatier flavor than white mushrooms which makes them perfect for this dish.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THIS MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
A simple green salad or even some lightly steamed broccoli are both great choices.
Since it's served over pasta or rice that's really about all you're going to need.
And it's elegant enough to have for a special date night or perfect for entertaining guests.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- As always use good quality ingredients
- Prep your ingredients prior to starting the sauce....
- Having mushrooms sliced, onion & garlic chopped makes the process much smoother
- Make the pasta before starting the sauce
- After rinsing the mushrooms make sure to dry thoroughly
- White wine is optional but recommended
OTHER EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER IDEAS.....
And if you make this recipe please be sure to let me know in the comments below. Also don't forget the star ⭐ rate this recipe.
Until next time-xoxo
Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff (GF & Easy)
- Cook pasta of choice prior to starting per package directions.
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat on stove top.
- Add chopped onions and cook 3-4 minutes to translucent.
- Stir in thyme and garlic. Then added sliced mushrooms.
- Saute mushroom mixture approximately 7-8 minutes and then remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- In separate bowl mix cornstarch with veggie broth and add to the pan along with coconut aminos and optional white wine.
- Simmer about 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken stirring several times.
- Add mushrooms back into the pan and season with salt & pepper.
- Stir in sour cream and mix till thoroughly combined.
- Serve sauce over pre-cooked pasta.