These no bake Chocolate Protein Balls are easy to make with just 4 ingredients. A healthy snack great for on the go that's refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Energy balls have always been a favorite around our house for quick healthy snacks.
And when you throw a little chocolate in the mix it doesn't get any better for a yummy guilt free treat.
Especially since these chocolate protein balls are quick, easy to make, and with only 4 ingredients.
Cause sometimes you just need a little chocolate fix in the form of a healthy delicious energy bite.
Or if you're in the mood for pumpkin pie then, these pumpkin energy bites are a healthier easier way to satisfy that craving!
Ingredient notes & substitutions
- Medjool dates- I don't recommend substituting with regular dates. Medjool dates are soft, chewy and have a caramel like taste that you don't get with other dates.
- Cashews- Raw unsalted cashews are used in this recipe. You could substitute with another nut but make sure you're using the raw unsalted nuts.
- Coconut oil- Unrefined virgin coconut oil.
- Cocoa powder- Unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder.
How to make chocolate protein balls
- Add the cashews and dates to a food processor. Make sure to remove the pits from the dates first.
- Pulse till combined and crumbly.
- Add coconut oil and pulse again till sticky and combined.
- Then put in the cocoa powder and combine again.
- Pulse until the cocoa powder is thoroughly combined and you have a sticky dough.
- Roll into equal sized balls, place on parchment lined pan and then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe notes & tips
A two tablespoon small cookie scoop was used for equal sized balls. You can dampen the scoop for easier removal.
I like to wet my hands periodically while rolling the balls. You can keep a small bowl of water beside you for that.
Place them on a lined parchment pan as you're rolling and I recommend chilling them on the pan for at least 30 minutes before storing in airtight container.
Other healthy sweet treats
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Chocolate Protein Balls (Easy, 4 Ingredients)
- Place dates in food processor along with cashews and pulse until crumbly.
- Add coconut oil & pulse again.
- Pour in cocoa powder and pulse until everything thoroughly combined. It should be slightly sticky and easily be formed into a ball.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon out equal portions and then roll into balls in your hand.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.
Updated from May 2018