This Easy Gazpacho soup recipe is a light flavorful chilled soup perfect for serving all summer long. Made with only a few simple vegetables and can be served alone or as a refreshing side dish. Vegan, Gluten Free, Easy.
So in case you've never heard of it, Gazpacho is SIMPLY a cold soup made from blended fresh raw vegetables.
It's a Spanish soup that originated in the southern region of Andalusia!
And is widely eaten in Spain during the summer months....
The first time I tried it I was hooked by the incredible flavors and the ease of preparation.
So YES, this will be a regular around our household all summer long...
INGREDIENTS FOR GAZPACHO SOUP
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
HOW TO MAKE GAZPACHO SOUP
First you want to roughly chop all the vegetables. Make sure to core the tomatoes and peel the cucumber.
I also like to finely dice some vegetables to add back to the pureed soup.
Once you've blended the soup to the consistency you like add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, hot sauce and blend again...
Add salt and pepper to taste and chill soup for at least 2-4 hours.
Taste for salt and pepper again prior to serving!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH IT
You can easily serve it alone as a light refreshing dinner or lunch....
I've enjoyed a bowl of it along side some of this Mustard Potato Salad which I highly recommend.
Really it goes with basically any summer salads and this Macaroni salad is another good one to serve with it.
MORE SUMMER RECIPES....
Gazpacho Soup Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 lbs. fresh tomatoes
- 1 large english cucumber
- 1 med./large green bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- hot sauce- couple dashes
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional- croutons for topping
- Wash tomatoes, core them and slice them into rough chunks reserving one tomato to finely chop to add back to soup and to top soup.
- Peel the english cucumber and cut into chunks also reserving some to finely dice to add back to soup.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into chunks also reserving some for dicing small.
- Place tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and onion chunks in blender or food processor and blend till desired consistency.
- Add diced vegetables into the soup and stir.
- Pour into large container, seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Store extra diced veggies for topping in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Serve in a bowl topped with extra diced veggies and optional croutons.