This Three Cheese Quiche recipe made using grits as the crust is creamy, flavorful and delicious. An easy way to make a gluten free quiche that's perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. Gluten Free, Easy, Vegetarian.
This easy quiche recipe is one of my favorite ways to take it from plain to super special!
And since it's always been a go to recipe around our house, I decided to kick it up a notch with this three cheese quiche recipe...
Especially since I usually gravitate towards crustless quiche recipes.
But another one that we really love is this Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche! The crust is made with shredded sweet potatoes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS QUICHE RECIPE
- Yellow Grits
- Cream Cheese
- Half & Half Cream
- Parsley- fresh or dried
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHEESE QUICHE
Full Directions are in the recipe card below....
Start by making the grits for the crust. I recommend using yellow corn grits (polenta) for the crust.
You need ½ cup grits to 1 ⅔ cups of water and follow cooking directions on package.
Then you'll need to preheat the oven so you can pre bake the grits crust.
Meanwhile you'll need to grate cheese for crust and filling. And cut the cream cheese into cubes to set aside to soften.
When the grits are done add ½ cup cheddar cheese reserving rest for quiche filling, butter and stir. Spoon prepared grits into greased pie plate.
Spread evenly down and around the sides of pie plate and bake in preheated oven.
Next chop and saute onions and garlic with a sprinkle of salt and set aside.
In large mixing bowl beat eggs, add cream cheese, cheese, half & half and mix with fork. Then add sauteed onions and garlic, salt & pepper to taste.
Pour over grits crust and bake in preheated oven till golden brown.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD
Yes.. You can easily bake this ahead, allow to cool thoroughly and store in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS...
Until next time-xoxo
Three Cheese Quiche (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- Grits Crust
- ½ cup yellow grits organic
- 1 ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Quiche Filling
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- ½ tbsp. butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese dotted
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 tbps. chopped fresh parsley or ½ tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grits crust
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Bring water to boil and slowly add grits
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook approximately ten minutes. You want the grits to be a fairly thick consistency
- Remove from heat and add ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese and ½ tbsp. butter
- Pour grits into pie plate and press down firmly. Drizzle with remaining ½ tbsp. butter
- Cook in 350 degree preheated oven about 7-8 minutes
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Quiche Filling Instructions
- Meanwhile saute onion, chopped garlic in ½ tbsp. butter with a sprinkle of Himalayan Pink Sea salt. Remove from heat and set aside
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs, cream cheese, cheddar, Monterey jack, half & half with fork.
- Add sautéed onions, garlic mixture, parsley and dash of cayenne pepper*
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour over grits crust
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes
Updated- originally posted December 2015