Three Cheese Quiche with Grits Crust is a tasty, protein packed brunch or dinner. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
So as I’m writing this post mid morning I’m actually sitting here eating some of this leftover Quiche. Yum! Three Cheese Quiche with Grits Crust is a great gluten free option for quiche lovers.
I think it’s almost better the second time around. The weather here today is beautiful and it’s suppose to be a really nice weekend.
HAPPY FRIDAY Everyone! Can you believe we are only a couple of weeks away from Christmas? I still have so much to do but that’s okay cause I really do enjoy it.
Hopefully I can find time to get outside today and enjoy this 70 degree weather in December.
So anyway back to Quiche talk.
This Three Cheese Quiche with Grits Crust is:
- A great thing to make if you’re having guests over.
- Can be made ahead and keeps well in the fridge for several days.
- So it can be a quick breakfast to grab and reheat.
I only started making Quiche several years ago. The first time I actually ate Quiche was when we were visiting friends on an overnight trip.
They served it for breakfast the next morning. That’s when I quickly became hooked and have been experimenting with making all different versions of Quiche that are gluten free.
So hopefully you won’t tire of all my Quiche posts.
My mom cooked a lot but for some reason this isn’t anything I ever recall having. About as fancy as I ever remember breakfast being was some occasional omelets.So I hope you Enjoy this Quiche!!!
Three Cheese Quiche with Grits Crust
- Grits Crust
- 1/2 cup yellow grits organic
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Quiche Filling
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt **
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese dotted
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 tbps. chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grits crust
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Bring water to boil and slowly add grits
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook approximately ten minutes. You want the grits to be a fairly thick consistency
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese and 1/2 tbsp. butter
- Pour grits into pie plate and press down firmly. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tbsp. butter
- Cook in 350 degree preheated oven about 7-8 minutes
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Quiche Filling Instructions
- Meanwhile saute onion, chopped garlic in 1/2 tbsp. butter with a sprinkle of Himalayan Pink Sea salt. Remove from heat and set aside
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs, cream cheese, cheddar, Monterey jack, half & half with fork.
- Add sautéed onions, garlic mixture, parsley and dash of cayenne pepper*
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour over grits crust
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes