This Garden Fresh Salsa can be prepared in the food processor in under 10 minutes. Fresh tomatoes combined with diced canned tomatoes are the perfect combo for a flavorful fresh salsa. Great served as an appetizer with chips or topped on tacos, burritos and so much more. Vegan, Gluten Free, Easy.
So when it comes to an easy tasty appetizer that most everyone loves.....
Then I have to admit that salsa is one of my favorites hands down.
And nothing you'll find at the store will ever top the flavor of the homemade stuff...
Trust me on this one. 😉
Plus I find by using fresh ripe tomatoes along with the canned is the key to making it the absolute best tasting salsa.
What you need to make this Fresh Salsa:
- Fresh ripe tomatoes
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Red wine vinegar
- Hot sauce- optional
Can I use all fresh tomatoes in this salsa?
Yes you certainly can... just add an extra tomato.
I've made it both ways but the canned tomatoes just add more of an intense tomato flavor.
And they also give it the brighter red color you're probably used to seeing with the ready made salsa you buy in the store.
For a fresher version you may want to go with a Pico de gallo which is generally chunkier than most salsa and made using all fresh tomatoes.
How long does Homemade Salsa last?
Properly stored in the fridge your homemade salsa should last up to a week.
Just be sure to keep it in an airtight covered container in the fridge for optimal freshness.
Other ways to serve this Fresh Salsa....
So you see there are sooo many ways you'll find yourself enjoying this salsa.
But personally just with a bowl of chips is how I love it the most.
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Updated- originally posted February 2016
Garden Fresh Salsa
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 jalapeno- cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 large handful cilantro
- ½ lime juiced 1 ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper taste
- several dashes of hot sauce
- Add red onion, garlic and jalapeno to food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Roughly chop fresh tomatoes removing inner seedy portion and add to food processor along with canned tomatoes and cilantro.
- Pulse till everything combined.
- Pour into container and stir in lime juice, vinegar, hot sauce, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in covered container in fridge.