This Simple Make-Ahead 7 Layer Pea Salad is beaming with tons of fresh veggies, eggs, & cheese. All layered in a clear glass serving bowl & topped with a creamy mayo dressing. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
So not only is this salad delicious, it’s ever so perfect for gatherings, parties, & even just quick lunches or dinners.
And I’m Really not quite sure Why it took me so long to make one.
Especially since I’ve always been a big fan of salads and peas for that matter.
But they must be in the form of salads…. cause for some reason I’m just not a big fan of cooked peas.
Do you guys like cooked peas? I don’t know maybe it’s just a texture thing or I think they lose a lot of their bright vibrant flavor cooked.
Any-who, I think either way you’re going be a big fan of this Simple Make Ahead 7 Layer Pea Salad!
And you can see Lola bean is as well.. I had a difficult time keeping this family member out of the salad..haha! Cause she was definitely a fan.
So you see the struggle can be real anytime I’m dealing with food…especially cheez. Lola bean will be there even though in this picture she is trying to play it off all nonchalant!
Guess she gets it honestly though since cheese is my weakness for sure. But hey, the way I see it at least you’re getting in a healthy dose of veggies with your cheese & mayo.
Anyway for real though my friends, let me just share why you’ll wanna make this salad.
This Simple Make Ahead 7 Layer Pea Salad is….
- Well Easy & Delicious
- Make-ahead is always time saving
- Perfect for parties, gatherings, potlucks, lunch & dinner
- Loaded with tons of healthy veggies
- Full of yummy cheese & mayo dressing
- Lola bean approved…at least the cheese part
- Pretty & layers can be changed up according to families likes
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian friendly
Simple Make Ahead 7 Layer Pea Salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 3 cups spinach leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (sliced in bite sized pieces)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces pitted black olives
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by layering the chopped rinsed romaine lettuce and spinach leaves in bottom of glass serving bowl.
- Then layer chopped grape tomatoes, chopped red onion, black olives, chopped hard boiled eggs, frozen peas rinsed, mayo dressing, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onion.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, dill weed, salt & pepper to taste in small bowl and mix well. Set aside to layer on salad.