Easy Pea Salad is great as a side with any dinner or even as a Main course. It also makes the perfect quick lunch or great to serve at any gatherings. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
**Updated** It was originally posted in March 2016. New pictures added but recipe still remains the same.
So today I wanted to talk about some of my favorite things about Spring. And one of them just happens to be this Easy Pea Salad.
I tend to make a lot more salads this time of year even though I do always include some type of salads with all my dinners year around.
This is one of my go to recipes for salads. It’s so simple to make with very few ingredients and probably things you already have on hand.
You can also be somewhat flexible with some of the additions to this salad. I added red bell pepper to this one but I’ve also made it without that and it was equally as good.
These type of salads are great to make ahead and usually taste even better after a couple hours of all the flavors marrying together in the fridge.
And Pea salad can’t help but remind you of warmer weather activities with all these fresh veggies.
But Spring also reminds me of planning for more outdoor activities and just getting out more after the Winter hibernation. I always feel better after getting a good healthy dose of vitamin D.
Since I’m very much an outdoorsy person it just excites me to know I’ll be spending a lot more time with good ole mother nature.
I’m also patiently awaiting planting my flower and herb garden. Even though it’s officially Spring on the calendar you really can’t be sure until after April.
I can be patient when necessary, although that may be one of my weak points and I continue to try and work on that one.
I’ve always found that if you can be patient things usually have a way of working out for the best.
Easy Pea Salad doesn’t require any patience since it is quick to prepare. So if you’re short on time and looking for a tasty satisfying dinner to prepare this would be high up on my list.
And this salad would also be another great go to 🙂
Easy Pea Salad is great since:
- Peas are also an excellent source of vegetarian protein
- Could also serve as Main dish option
- Doesn’t require any patience
- Perfect for BBQ’s or family gatheings
- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
Easy Pea Salad
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 med. red bell pepper
- 4 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place frozen green peas in colander and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well and put peas in medium mixing bowl. Add onion, and red pepper and stir to combine.
- Top with cubed cheddar cheese
- In separate bowl mix mayo, sour cream, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill weed and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour over green pea mixture and mix well.
Keeps well covered in fridge for up to a week.