This Ultimate Vegetarian Lentil Loaf is so easy to prepare and tastes so good you won’t even notice that it’s meatless. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
So I know especially around the Holidays you may sometimes need a meatless dish to offer Vegetarian family and friends.
This Ultimate Vegetarian Loaf is sure to impress even the “Meat Lovers” in the family.
And of course it’s always nice to have various options to serve anytime. Hence, I’m very Happy to be sharing this one with you guys today 🙂
As we get closer to the Holiday it’s definitely nice to have our meal plan covered. So may I suggest serving this with some scalloped potatoes.
And both of these can be made up ahead and just reheated… Not trying to make your life complicated.
Whether you’re looking to serve up something a little different for your Vegetarian friends or just trying to make healthier food choices. Give this a try and let me know what you think.
Cause guess what??? I really, really wanna know if you make this or any of my recipes.
Not only do I enjoy creating all these recipes. I Wholeheartedly enjoy eating every last bite of them..Well maybe I share a little with the hubby.
Cause guys he definitely inspires me to do all this. So hopefully I can inspire you.
And here is some inspiration to have you try this Ultimate Vegetarian Lentil Loaf:
- First and foremost it tastes absolutely AMAZ-ing.
- Really, really Easy to prepare and affordable.
- Lentils are one of the highest sources of Vegetarian protein.
- Vegetarian and Meat lovers can both appreciate this.
- Just nice to have options for Dinner.
- Gluten free & Vegetarian friendly.
Ultimate Vegetarian Lentil Loaf
- 1 cup green lentils cooked
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 carrot peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup Gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 egg beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- Glaze for topping
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Bragg Aminos*
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Generously grease loaf pan with non stick spray or olive oil
- Place all of the above ingredients(less ingredients for glaze topping) in large mixing bowl.
- Combine well and pour into greased loaf pan. Spread out evenly and pat down with back of spoon.
- Meanwhile place tomato paste, dijon mustard, bragg aminos, vinegar, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste in small mixing bowl and combine well.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of loaf.
- Bake loaf in oven 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan 10-15 minutes before removing.