California Style Avocado Salad comes together super Quick in under 30 minutes, making it the perfect salad for busy weeknights. Great served alone or as a side with any meal. Loaded with fresh greens, sauteed veggies, and sliced avocado. Gluten Free & Vegan option.
Updated* This post was originally posted in May 2016. The recipe still remains the same.
This Avocado Salad came together as a last minute inspiration for dinner one night. Hey, I really believe those simple things we prepare that haven't been planned ahead turn out to be some of the best things 😀 😀
Of course this salad does have a lot of my favorite ingredients. I mean you Really can't go wrong with Avocado, cauliflower, and broccoli all married together on a bed of greens.
So, What's not to love about that?
And since I was looking for something easy and quick to prepare this was also a winner.
This salad is made with a bag of frozen veggies that I sauteed to top the salad with, which also saved time on chopping extra ingredients.
I love to keep a variety of frozen veggies on hand for easy meals. And since this was a bag of California Style(broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots) veggies it just seemed a no brainer that this salad be called California Style Avocado Salad.
This salad can easily serve as a main course or if you're feeding a larger group this also makes a great addition to anything you may be grilling or cooking out.
The avocado in this salad is what makes it so filling and satisfying and we all know they are a great source of healthy fats. So if you're an avocado fanatic like me you can check out my easy to make Guacamole.
And if you're looking for other summer salads for the long weekend then I'll share them with you below!
Some Fun & Easy Salads to Enjoy this Summer along with this Avocado Salad....
- Simple to prepare Dill Pickle Cucumber Salad
- This 7 layered make ahead salad is great for family gatherings
- A favorite is Easy Pea Salad
- But let's not forget a good Potato Salad
- And some Coleslaw to top off the Veggie Burgers
Hope you Enjoy this salad and are looking forward to an exciting and fun filled Memorial Day Weekend (or really low key if you're anything like me) 😆 😉
California Style Avocado Salad
- 3 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 16 ounce bag California style frozen veggies broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Salt & pepper to taste I used Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- mix of your favorite greens I used spinach, and baby kale mix
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 5-6 grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado chopped
- parmesan gouda cheese
- 1 lime juiced
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add mix of frozen vegetables. Cook about 5-6 minutes, then add basil, oregano, salt & pepper to taste. Cook an additional 10-12 minutes until veggies are lightly browned. Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile place greens in salad bowl. Top with sautéed veggies, red onion, tomato, avocado and chunks of cheese or shaved cheese.
- Dress with remaining olive oil and lime juice.