These Zoodles with Avocado Cream Sauce are a light tasty dinner loaded with a Creamy Avocado sauce & then topped with Roasted grape tomatoes. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Updated* This post was originally posted in May 2016. The recipe still remains the same.
Zoodles together with Avocado are everything I love 😀 all on one plate. So I knew I had to experiment and come up with a recipe that made this happen.
These Zoodles with Avocado Cream Sauce has done that. This by far has to be the perfect sauce to top your Zoodles with….Super easy, & quick to prepare and so deliciously creamy.
Zoodles are quickly becoming one of my favorite go to’s when craving something requiring noodles. And you can almost always find an avocado at my house.
This sauce is a little bit different and I wasn’t sure how we were going to like it. But the husband said it was awesomeness and since he never lies 😉 , hence you can now find the recipe on the blog.
The only thing about food blogging is, since I’m always trying to come up with new recipe ideas this may not make it to the table again as soon as he would like. 😥
But in order to save an avocado and some basil it may happen sooner. Cause we all know how quickly those avocados can turn on you 😆
➡ Update- re-did the pictures & it was just as awesome as we both remembered.
While you’re preparing the Zoodles you can just slowly roast some little grape tomatoes with olive oil and garlic.
And the Avocado cream sauce comes together in a matter of minutes in the food processor.
I always have been a big fan of roasted veggies. You could always just roast up a few extra and have them ready for some other recipes. Which is exactly what I did!
And here are a few of my other favorite Zoodle Recipes:
- Parmesan Grilled Zoodles
- Zucchini Spinach Alfredo
- Zoodles with Cauliflower Meatless Balls
- Zoodle Crust Pizza
I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and give this Avocado Cream sauce a try on top of some Yummy zoodles!
Zoodles with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium/large avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
Roasted Grape tomatoes-optional
- 5-6 grape tomatoes
- olive oil for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the zucchini and cut end off both sides. Put through spiralizer or thinly slice with knife.
- Put zucchini noodles in colander and generously salt them. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile rinse avocado and remove pit. Place avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lime juice, cashews, coconut oil, salt and pepper in food processor(or blender) and blend until you have a creamy consistency.
- Rinse zucchini noodles and place in saute pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Place on plate and top with cream sauce and optional roasted grape tomatoes.