A Chocolate Avocado Smoothie that is super easy to make with only 4 ingredients. Great for a quick breakfast or healthy snack that's also made without refined sugar. Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free, Easy, Healthy.
An avocado smoothie recipe that's thick, creamy and loaded with tons of chocolatey goodness.
And if that isn't enough for you, it's also healthy and refined sugar free. So next time that chocolate craving hits I highly recommend this one!
Cause sometimes you just need a little chocolate in your life!
Ingredients you'll need
- Avocado- you'll only need half of an avocado for this recipe. And you want to make sure it's a ripe avocado. You can freeze ripe avocado if needed. If using a frozen avocado the smoothie will be thicker.
pro tip- the avocado can be frozen before adding to the smoothie. Just cut in half, remove the seed and cut into smaller pieces and remove the skin. Lay on a parchment lined pan in the freezer till firm about 1 hour and then transfer to a freezer safe bag or container.
- Cacao powder- unsweetened or you could substitute with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Banana- make sure to use an over ripe banana that has been frozen prior to making the smoothie.
- Vanilla almond milk- unsweetened or any of your favorite plant based milks should work.
Recipe notes and tips
Make sure you're using a high powered blender for this. I love my Vitamix for this type of thing.
The banana needs to be overripe and frozen for optimal flavor.
It's optional whether or not you freeze the avocado.
How to make this avocado smoothie recipe
- Just put all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend till smooth and creamy.
- You can easily make the smoothie thicker or thinner if you prefer. Just adjust the amount of milk you add. Use less milk for thicker and add more to thin it out.
Garnish with extra chocolate if preferred and serve your delicious chocolate avocado smoothie...
Other cold drinks to enjoy
- Blueberry Smoothie - with a hidden veggie in it!
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Place all of the above ingredients in blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Top with chocolate.
Updated-originally posted July 2017