This Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a post workout snack. A thick rich ultra creamy smoothie that could also qualify as a dessert. Vegan & Gluten Free.
Hey there and Yesss I did just mention dessert!
Cause that’s exactly what this smoothie tastes like….chocolate pudding in a glass.
Hope you’ve been having a great week and could use a little extra chocolate in your life RIGHT about now.
So if you’ve been looking for an ultra creamy shake that’s easy, quick and great for breakfast or post workout you really need to try this Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie.
And since it’s actually perfect almost anytime wasn’t sure whether to categorize this as breakfast, drinks, or dessert.
But oh well, you can decide. For now we are going to categorize as a drink.
Subject to actually change at any given moment depending on the mood.
Hence you never really know when you’re going need a little or a lot of chocolate in your life.
But the good news is…Chocolate is actually good for you. The darker the chocolate the greater the health benefits.
Hey and it’s even supposed to make you smarter.
The boost of blood flow to the brain created by cocoa’s flavanols seems to make people feel more awake and alert.
Not going argue with that one…increased blood flow and it can actually boost your mood.
But if you’re anything like me, you probably don’t need convincing to eat more chocolate.
And with Avocado also on the top of my fav’s, there was no doubt this would be a great combination.
Avocado as everyone probably has heard…is the healthy fat that you want to eat. So don’t shy away from these guys.
So lets list some of the reasons to include this Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie in your life.
- Avocados contain the heart healthy fats
- Chocolate increases blood flow to the brain..hence making you smarter
- Dark chocolate is rich in fiber and can help you feel full
- Chocolate has also been known to boost your mood
- Avocados are great for vision
- Avocados are naturally nutrient-dense and contain around 20 vitamins and minerals.
- ½ ripe Avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- shaved dark chocolate for topping
- Place all of the above ingredients in blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Top with chocolate.