This Lemon Dill Potato Salad is flavored with a lemon vinaigrette and fresh dill. Great for picnics, cookouts or any time you want a lighter potato salad. Vegan & Gluten Free.
Hello and Happy Monday to you!
So as we’re quickly approaching Easter and all things Springy like I thought this would be the perfect time for this Lemon Dill Potato Salad.
Potato Salad just reminds me of warmer months coming up and lots of fun times and gatherings.
And since I always remember it as part of cookouts and gatherings and all things summer….“I thought” let’s do a re-vamped version of my standard potato salad.
Because potato salad has a special place in the World of all things fun and Happy 🙂
And you probably can’t have too many variations for it. Or at least I think so.
Although hubbies favorite potato salad is this one, this Lemon Dill Potato Salad has become my favorite.
Cause anytime you throw lots of fresh dill and lemon into the mix…this here girl is Sold.
Easter just reminds me of lots of Happy Memories…like getting the new Easter outfit, waking up to that basket of goodies and of course good food.
And yes, I know that’s what it’s not all about but bringing excitement and Happy memories to children is indeed a good thing.
What are some of your favorite Easter memories or traditions?
Whether it be egg hunts, special gatherings or just having a relaxed extra day off be sure to include some Happy 🙂 “You” time into it.
Along with some good food…
And this Lemon Dill Potato Salad is…
- Perfect for all your gatherings, picnics and cookouts
- Loaded with a tasty vinaigrette and lots of fresh dill
- Family friendly
- Can be made ahead and Ready to go
- Because potato salad revolves around fun times
- Gluten Free & Vegan
Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon about 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 3-4 tbsp. fresh dill weed chopped divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cook potatoes about 15-20 minutes till fork tender.
- Meanwhile mix dressing in medium mixing bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, thyme, 3 tbsp. dill weed and salt, pepper to taste.
- Whisk a minute or two until thoroughly combine.
- Drain potatoes well and place in large serving bowl, along with chopped red onion.
- Pour vinaigrette over potatoes and onion and gently combine.
- Top with remaining dill weed.
- Serve immediately or can store covered in fridge for up to five days.