Baked Cauliflower Tots are only six ingredients and a healthier, lower carb option than traditional tater tots. Great as a snack or served as a tasty side. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, & Low Carb.
Hey there my Friends!!
Do you guys love a good tater tot? I know I do 🙂
So since I really love all things cauliflower, these Baked Cauliflower Tots were my next mission.
And believe me they’re worth the little bit of extra effort they require. Meaning you don’t just pop them out of a bag and into the oven..Haha!
Well I guess you could if you make them ahead and freeze them! Haven’t tried that yet but sure if would work just fine.
Anyway with that being said I think I’m going be making more of these Baked Cauliflower Tots really soon and trying that…Yesss to yummy, healthier tater tots!
Hence I really needed to come up with something that I would not feel as guilty about when eating a plate full.
And no I didn’t eat all of these in one sitting, although I probably could have! Not a good idea since your family probably are going want some.
They’d also work great as an appetizer or just an afternoon snack with any of your favorite dips…ketchup, or probably even this would be good.
So if you never really thought about all the Yummy ways to prepare Cauliflower let me just give you a few ideas.
Besides these Baked Cauliflower Tots you can do these….
- Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza
- 7 Ingredient Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Greek Style Cauliflower Salad
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
- Best Roasted Cauliflower Nachos
So you can see I’m not short on ideas for preparing cauliflower and pretty sure I have more on the blog.
- I medium/large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheese of choice(I used pepper jack)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break cauliflower into bite sized florets and mix with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes till roasted.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Lower oven temp to about 375 degrees.
- Place roasted cauliflower florets in food processor and blend till rice like.
- Remove from processor and add remaining ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Shape into tater tot shape and place on clean lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes till lightly browned, rotate and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and Enjoy!