These Cauliflower Hash Browns are perfect for breakfast with some eggs. And they also make a good side with dinner. A great way to switch up hash browns by subbing out riced potatoes with riced cauliflower. Baked in the oven till crispy golden brown. For a guilt free hash brown that is much lower in carbs and delicious. Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb, Easy.
So if you're a regular reader here at AFCJ then you already know that cauliflower is a thing with me...
LIKE FOR REAL.. it's one of my go to veggies that you can almost always find in my fridge.
It's such a versatile vegetable that it can easily take on the flavors of whatever you throw at it.
And since it's low carb and full of nutritional benefits then Why not?
Some Top Nutritional Benefits of Cauliflower:
- It's high in fiber which is important for digestive health
- A good source for antioxidants which may help reduce inflammation
- Also it may aid in weight loss since it's low in calories and high in fiber 😏
Ingredients in Cauliflower Hash Browns:
- Riced Cauliflower- I prefer to use fresh cauliflower for these... so no pre-cooking the cauliflower required.
- Yellow Onion- diced small
- Garlic Cloves- finely minced
- Cheddar Cheese- buy the blocks and shred it yourself
- Eggs- large
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Seasonings- hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste is all you really need... but feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs.
How to make Cauliflower Hash Browns:
You want to start by ricing some cauliflower. This can be done easily in a food processor. But if you don't have one you could also use a box grater to rice the cauliflower.
Then put riced cauliflower in a bowl with remaining ingredients and combine.
Shape into equal sized patties and bake in pre-heated oven on parchment lined baking sheet.
Use an ice cream scoop to make equal sized patties for uniform baking. Also once mixed with a spoon I like to use my hands to really combine the mixture well.
Can I freeze Cauliflower Hash Browns:
Yes... they can easily be frozen in a freezer safe bag. I like to put pieces of waxed paper between them for easier removal when frozen.
They can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Looking for even more Cauliflower Inspiration.....
And this list could go on and on.....
So much cauliflower.. not enough time 😂
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating
Until next time- xoxo
Cauliflower Hash Browns (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- 3 ½ cups riced cauliflower cauliflower
- ⅓ cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp. blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. hot sauce or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly grease parchment paper with olive oil.
- Meanwhile rice cauliflower using a food processor or box grater.
- Lay cauliflower on paper towels or using a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place in large mixing bowl along with onion, garlic, cheddar cheese, eggs, almond flour, hot sauce.
- Mix well and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Shape into patties measuring out with ice cream scoop and using your hands to shape.
- Place on baking sheet and cook in preheated oven 15 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook another 10-12 minutes till golden brown.
- Allow to cool 8-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Updated- originally posted April 2017