This Cauliflower Salad is chock-full of the all the flavors of a traditional Greek salad. Loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, & red onion. Then combined with a Greek style dressing. Gluten Free & Low Carb.
Updated- originally posted March 2017
This Greek Style Cauliflower Salad is one I think you’re Really, Really seriously gonna love!
But best of all it’s perfect for relaxing kinda weekends and gatherings.
And salads you can make ahead are always some of my favorites… Plus this one tastes even better after marinating in all that tasty dressing for a few hours.
So you can easily make this up ahead, along with some tater salad and be good to go. 😉
Then nothing left to think about other than firing up the grill later for the perfect Springy or Summer kind of dinner.
And with all these veggies, it’s a salad you can feel good about eating….. and serving as a side or main course option to family & friends 😀
So let me share some tips to make this easier for you….
Tips for making the best possible Cauliflower Salad:
- Prepare the salad dressing prior to starting
- Break the cauliflower florets into small bite sized pieces prior to cooking
- Always make sure to drain the cauliflower thoroughly
- Let the cauliflower cool before adding the remaining ingredients
- Once the ingredients are combined allow time for salad to marinate
- So this is best made at least several hours ahead
All this will ensure you get the best results for this Greek Style Cauliflower Salad!
Some other dishes you may want to serve with this are…
Anywho, I hope you get a chance to try this healthy & delicious Greek Style Cauliflower Salad! And please let me know if you try this recipe in the comments below…
- 1 medium head of caulilflower
- 1 medium sized English cucumber
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 10 black olives pitted
- 1/4 large red onion diced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Start by making salad dressing.
In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic, salt & pepper and whisk together well. Set aside.
Meanwhile bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Break the cauliflower into small bite sized florets and when water comes to boil carefully add cauliflower.
Cook about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
Place drained cauliflower in large salad bowl
Add chopped cucumber, black olives, grape tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, prepared salad dressing and mix well.
Cover and store in fridge for up to five days.