This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl is a healthy, tasty, one bowl dinner or lunch. Cauliflower Rice seasoned with Mexican flavors, and then topped with all your favorites. Vegan & Gluten free.
Hello Guys and Gals of course! Happy it’s almost Friday to you 🙂
So have you been seeing all the cauliflower rice recipes floating around? Well I certainly have and I knew that it was going to have to make an appearance here Really soon.
And because Mexican inspired dishes are among my favorites…here you have it, this Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl!
While you’ll find plenty of Mexican inspired dishes here, there is also evidence of my love for cauliflower.
Since my cauliflower love is pretty = to Mexican… Why not combine the two?
So if you Enjoy seeing Mexican and cauliflower inspired dishes you may just want to hang around cause I’m sure there will be more to come.
You can also subscribe at the bottom of this post for Free recipes directly to your inbox 🙂
But here are just a few more below so you don’t have to look to hard:
Now that we’ve got all that out of the way let’s talk a little more about cauliflower rice.
There are really so many great things I can say about cauliflower rice.
And it’s one of those foods that basically can be included in any type of diet you may be following…whether it’s low carb, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, or paleo, cauliflower rice has you covered.
So if you’re still a little unsure of the whole cauliflower rice hoopla I totally get it. You can just ease into it slow.
And the Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl is:
- A great way to serve up cauliflower rice
- It’s seasoned with Mexican flavors
- And can be topped with all of your favorites
- But I highly recommend Avocado..cause it’s just wrong if you don’t
- Perfect for any type diet restrictions
- A lot easier to eat than wrapping in a tortilla(especially if you lack wrapping skills like me)
- Vegan and Gluten Free
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
- I medium head cauliflower yield 3-3 1/2 cups riced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped reserve handful for topping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box black beans 11-14 ounces
- 1 tomato diced
- Avocado slices
- lime wedges
- handful of cilantro
- For cauliflower rice:
- Break cauliflower into florets and place in food processor(do in two separate batches)*
- Pulse until cauliflower is rice like. Remove and place on clean kitchen towel or paper towels and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion, garlic.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add riced cauliflower, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook stirring frequently about 8-10 more minutes.
- Bowl assembly:
- Add Mexican riced cauliflower
- black beans that have been drained and rinsed
- chopped tomato and remaining chopped red onion
- avocado slices
- drizzle with lime juice
you could also use a box grater if you don't have a food processor
toppings for bowl can be altered based on your preferences