A Burrito Bowl recipe that's great for meal prep and to serve as a healthy lunch or dinner. Seasoned cauliflower rice, cilantro & black beans combined in an easy one bowl recipe. Vegan, Gluten Free, Easy, Healthy.
And since I really love a one bowl recipe that's easy, healthy and filled with Mexican flavors....
A Vegan burrito bowl just happens to be one of our personal favorites that hits all of those notes!
Plus it's customizable so you can include all your favorite toppings or easily omit something you don't like!
- Cauliflower Rice
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Lime Wedges
HOW TO MEAL PREP BURRITO BOWL
First you need to prep all the ingredients...
- Start by ricing the cauliflower with a food processor - If you don't have one you can use frozen cauliflower rice that you can purchase at most grocery stores.
- Prepare the seasoned cauliflower rice per directions in recipe card below- this can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to five days.
- Store the remaining chopped up ingredients in a separate covered container in fridge till ready to assemble the bowl.
When ready to serve just assemble ingredients in a bowl and serve with freshly sliced avocado and lime wedges.
RECIPE NOTES & ADD INS
For presentation purposes I like to separate the ingredients when serving the bowl...
Combining everything together with the exception of the avocado & lime wedges is another way to serve or store this....
Optional Add ins include....
- Bell Peppers
- Green Chilies
- Extra Cilantro
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY....
Until next time-xoxo
Burrito Bowl Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 ½ cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red onion reserve handful for topping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. oregano
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tomato
- Avocado slices
- lime wedges
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- For cauliflower rice:
- Break cauliflower into florets and place in food processor
- Pulse until cauliflower is rice like. Remove and place on clean kitchen towel or paper towels and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium heat and add chopped onion, minced garlic.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add riced cauliflower, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook stirring frequently about 8-10 more minutes.
- Bowl assembly:
- Add Mexican riced cauliflower
- black beans that have been drained and rinsed
- chopped tomato and remaining chopped red onion
- chopped cilantro
- avocado slices
- drizzle with lime juice
Updated-originally posted March 2017