Zoodles together with Avocados are everything I love all on one plate. So I knew I had to experiment and come up with a recipe that made this happen. This Zoodles with Avocado Cream Sauce has done that.
Zoodles are quickly becoming one of my favorite go to when craving something requiring noodles. And you can almost always find an avocado at my house.
This sauce is a little bit different and I wasn’t sure how we were going like it. But my husband said it was awesome and so here you have it on the blog.
The only thing about my blogging is, I’m always trying to come up with new recipes so I may not make this one again as soon as he would like. But in order to save an avocado and some basil it may happen sooner.
While you’re preparing the Zoodles you can just slowly roast some little grape tomatoes with olive oil and garlic. I always love roasted veggies. You could always just roast up a few extra and have them ready for some other recipes.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and give these Zoodles with Avocado Cream sauce a try.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium/large avocado
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of red chili pepper flakes
- 5-6 grape tomatoes
- olive oil for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the zucchini and cut end off both sides. Put through spiralizer or thinly slice with knife.
- Put zucchini noodles in colander and generously salt them. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile rinse avocado and remove pit. Place avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lime juice, cashews, coconut oil, salt and pepper in food processor(or blender) and blend until you have a creamy consistency.
- Rinse zucchini noodles and place in saute pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Place on plate and top with cream sauce and optional roasted grape tomatoes.