Zucchini Spinach Alfredo is made with a thick creamy Alfredo sauce and only a few tasty ingredients needed. Healthier, lower carb Alfredo you can have on the table in less than 15 minutes. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
**Updated** This post has been updated with new pictures. It was originally posted in March 2016. The recipe still remains the same.
What's not to love about healthy, low carb, & EASY?
So last nights dinner was awesome and I must say totally simple to prepare. I can't always say that about everything I make but this one I can.
And the Alfredo sauce only has five ingredients not counting butter, olive oil and spices. <--Plus Zucchini Noodles to serve as a base for all this yumminess!
My husband usually likes everything I make, but he commented that this was excellent and I really had to agree with him. This Zucchini Spinach Alfredo will probably have you rethinking Zucchini all over again.
I usually don't share my dinners the next day. And I definitely don't share everything I make. Ugh, that could get scary. Haha!
Only the winners make it to the blog. But this was so good I felt like I needed to talk about it and share this one today.
You want to start this process by spiralizing the zucchini into noodles. It's pretty simple, but if you don't have a spiralizer you could also just thinly slice the zucchini into the size of noodles you prefer.
So once you have the zucchini looking like noodles, just generously sprinkle them with salt and let them sit over a bowl about 15-20 minutes to remove the extra moisture from them.
I actually did that earlier in the day and just rinsed them and put them in the fridge until ready to make dinner. Making it so much Easier come dinner time!
The Alfredo sauce doesn't take long to make, so you can have dinner ready & on the table in about 10-15 minutes.
Anywho, I can see you're probably going to be adding this one to your weekly dinner rotations.
Cause this Zucchini Spinach Alfredo is.....
- Ready & on the table in 15 minutes
- Creamy & delicious
- Low carb
- Only five ingredients to make this easy Alfredo sauce
- So much better then the jarred Alfredo
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Zucchini Spinach Alfredo
- 1 large/2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup spinach leaves packed firmly
- sprinkle of salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese shredded divided
- ¾ cup half & half
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- optional: fresh basil red chili pepper flakes
- Rinse zucchini and cut ends off both sides. Slice the zucchini into noodles using spiralizer or just a knife if you don't have one. Place zucchini noodles in a colander and place over a bowl. Sprinkle with generous amount of salt. Let sit 15-20 minutes to release as much moisture as possible. Rinse and noodles are ready to go.
- Meanwhile melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes until fragrant. Add cream cheese, half & half, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook additional 5-8 minutes until creamy and then add parmesan cheese reserving about ¼ cup for topping along with spinach. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted. Add zucchini noodles and cook another minute.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese, fresh basil, dash of red chili pepper flakes