Zoodles with Cauliflower Meatless Balls is a fun and easy twist on the traditional spaghetti and meatballs. Zoodles subbing for pasta and then topped with cauliflower meatballs. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
ZOODLES WITH CAULIFLOWER MEATBALLS
Cause spaghetti and meatballs have always been a favorite of mine.
So making a lower carb version made with veggies just seemed perfect!
And making spaghetti with zoodles and meatballs with cauliflower just seemed like a great solution!
Another easy zoodle recipe we love is these zucchini noodles with mushrooms.
HOW TO MAKE ZOODLES
Making zoodles is really quick and easy especially if you have a spiralzer.
I highly recommend them and we use ours on a regular basis. This is the spiralizer that I love.
It only takes minutes to make a big bowl of zoodles with one.
These cauliflower meatballs are so tasty and easy to make in the food processor.
See Full Directions in recipe card below!
And here you have them in all their glory. Of course you will need to bake them first but the texture was really good and the flavor exceptional.
Cauliflower as a tasty little meatball for Zoodles.
They are also great as a little snack. When I made them I didn’t need them all for dinner that night so I just snacked on these and they were so good.
So even if you’re not a Zoodles fan try these little meatballs on your next Italian dish or sub.
CAUSE THESE ZOODLES WITH CAULIFLOWER MEATLESS BALLS ARE….
- Super easy to make
- Lower carb then traditional pasta noodles
- The Meatless balls are great leftover
- They can even serve as a snack
- Can also top meatless balls on a sub…which I did and it was Awesome
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
OTHER CAULIFLOWER RECIPES TO TRY…
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Zoodles with Cauliflower Meatless Balls
- Cauliflower Meatless Balls
- 1/2 medium cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Gluten-free panko bread crumbs*
- 1/2 tsp. each dried parsley flakes basil, garlic powder, onion powder, & oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 medium to large zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Marinara sauce
- optional: parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile put cauliflower florets, onion, and garlic in food processor and pulse until rice like.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and put cook cauliflower, onion, and garlic in pan. Cook about 10 minutes. The goal is to try and remove as much moisture as possible. Remove from heat in put in medium mixing bowl. Add Monterey Jack cheese, beaten eggs, bread crumbs and spices.
- Combine well and shape into balls. You can actually make them whatever size you like your meatballs to be.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes turning once during cooking process.
- Zoodles were made with Spiralizer but you could also thinly slice them with a knife if you don’t have one. I put them in a colander and sprinkle with salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible. Rinse and then pat dry. Cook in pan over medium low heat a couple minutes with 1 tbsp. olive oil just till they are slightly cooked.
- These were topped with Marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, and cauliflower meatless balls
The Zoodles can be made earlier in the day & then store in fridge covered until ready to make dinner.
Updated- originally posted March, 2016