Parmesan Grilled Zoodles are an easy to prepare dinner that is vegetarian and gluten free. It is prepared on the grill making it a great summertime dinner option.
So I've really been into the grilling thing this year. I've pretty much decided that anything I make on the stove or in the oven can be equally as easy to do on the grill. And after all who wants to heat up the house more in the summer.
As we're approaching the July 4th holiday soon I imagine a lot more people will be grilling. Why not get a little creative? What's the most unique thing you cooked on the grill and did you enjoy it?
I really love using these grill pans for all your little veggies that tend to fall through the cracks. The Zoodles ended up with that nice grilled flavor that you're not going get on top the stove and they're really fast to prepare.
I also grilled the other veggies that I topped the Parmesan Grilled Zoodles with.
If you're having other guests you may want to also throw a few Grilled Cauliflower Steaks on while you have the grill fired up.
I've always loved to grill out. It's just something about the flavors from the grill and mostly I think the actual hanging outside part.
I definitely enjoy just about everything about being outside except for the pesky little insects. Oh well, I guess that's just a minor inconvenience until one bites you 🙁
But quite frankly I really don't remember having those kind of worries as a child. I didn't think about the creatures that were lurking outside. MY friends and I just enjoyed playing at the end of the road. We never really worried about bugs or weird creatures that could be out there.
Weird creatures seem to be more prevalent now a days and they come in all shapes in sizes. Ha ha!!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend and enjoys some tasty, grilled out goodies with family and friends.
Parmesan Grilled Zoodles
- 2 medium/large zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 6-7 baby bella mushrooms
- ½ onion chopped
- 5-7 grape tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Rinse Zucchini and chop off both ends. Put zucchini through spiralizer or slice in thin strands.
- Place zucchini in colander and sprinkle with generous amount of salt. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes to release liquid. Rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- Place remaining vegetables in medium mixing bowl and add ½ tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place veggies on grill and cook about 10 minutes turning several times.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place zucchini on grill in pan or you could use aluminum foil. Cook about 5-6 minutes turning several times.
- Remove zucchini from grill and place in large serving bowl. Chop the veggies into bite size pieces and top on zoodles. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with parmesan cheese.