This Watermelon Blueberry Salad is a Fun, easy to prepare salad that is perfect for all your Summer gatherings. Watermelon stars mixed with blueberries, feta, & mint. A delicious light salad with Only 5 ingredients that is sure to Wow your guests.(Gluten Free, Vegetarian, & Vegan option).
So if you’re looking to do something a little different with your fruit salad let me suggest shapes. Cause guys shapes are JUST plain fun. 😉
And not only will the kids Enjoy these cute little shapes…. it’s a great salad to throw together for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. Red, white & blue themed salad with stars.
Now it doesn’t get much more patriotic then this, well unless you’re sipping on one of these easy to prepare Patriotic Wine Slushies, along with.
Watermelon is way up there as one of my favorite Summer fruits to Enjoy! Since it’s light, refreshing and can economically serve a crowd…Which in my case the crowd part can be challenging sometimes since it’s usually just the two of us eating it.
But I’ve found a great way to preserve it with these Watermelon Slushies…and Yes slushies are definitely a great summertime staple to add to the mix.
So here are some other FUN FACTS about WATERMELON just in case you’re wondering……
- Watermelon is over 90% Water
- Since it’s low in calories it’s great for the waistline
- A 2 cup serving has 1 gram of fiber which keeps you Full longer
- It’s a good source of Vitamin B-6, which supports the immune system
- Watermelon is also rich in lycopene
- Lycopene is a plant compound that may reduce cancer risks & keep the eyes 🙄 healthy
- May also be helpful in lowering blood pressure
And now that you know how good Watermelon can actually be for you there is no Reason to not take part in this Yummy 5-Ingredient Watermelon Blueberry Salad.
But just in case you need a summary below here you go!
This Watermelon Blueberry Salad is…
- Only 5 Ingredients
- Made with Fun cute star shapes
- Is visually appealing
- Low in calories
- Refreshing & light
- Perfect for summer gatherings
- Can easily be made Vegan by omitting the feta cheese
- Gluten Free
5 Ingredient Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- 1 medium seedless watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 mint leaves shredded
- 1 lime juiced - 1/4 cup
- Slice Watermelon and using a small star cookie cutter cut into shapes and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add blueberries, mint leaves, feta cheese, and lime juice.
- Toss gently.
- Serve immediately or store covered in fridge until ready to serve.